It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Pain near the colon

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
egentzke
Inactive
(male)

egentzke HB User
Question Pain near the colon

My Girlfriend, Ann, has been having problems with pain in the area near her colon. Since I've known about this (not to be confused with how long it has actually been going on), she has told me on countless occastions that she has abnormally dark stool (to the point where it is nearly black, which I think contains blood). It seems to be a very major problem, and it interferes with her daily life. She tells me nightly that "the left side of [her] stomach" hurts (she points to her colon). Other health problems (may be linked to this pain) include: back pain, neck pain, and headaches (resulting from a t-bone car accident last year. We found out recently from her chiropractor that she is now suffering from scoliosis, and more than half of her ribs are dislocated and sit on the posterior side of her spine. Aside from that, her rib cage itself tilts towards the left side of her body.) dpression (causes many appetite problems [usually only eats a small meal once or twice a day] along with insomnia [which is also caused by intense back pain]. clinical depression I might add (lot's of controversy there [much depression is confused with typical grief, which does not include as many physical effects]), possibly poor circulation (her legs fall asleep during sleep on occasion, and bruises will appear regularly without reasonable cause); infections of the sinuses and ears; and a reletively poor immune system (lots of runny noses, coughs, and other flu-like symptoms on a seemingly regular basis). Her headaches bring an occasional bloddy nose, and changes in visual perception when they get really nasty. I might also add that she takes medications such as tramidol (daily), amitriptyline (three times a week at most), and, occasionally, adderall. If you have ANYTHING to offer, please post. I love her very, very much, and I would hate to see anything serious happen to her. I apologize for all of the sidenotes.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-21-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: removed name

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
egentzke
Inactive
(male)

egentzke HB User
Re: Pain near the colon

I might add that she has been through a great deal of emotional stress in the last few months including, but not limited to, the process of the divorce of her parents, the suicide of a very good friend of ours in November, long, straining hours of work, and my own depression.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
Kasey443
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Hello, I am sorry to hear about what your girlfriend is going through. The key to getting her well is getting the right diagnosis so she can get the proper treatment. This area has so many organs in it, many people can be misdiagnosed so I would suggest an internal med. doc. She may be allergic to something in many foods, many things can be the cause but if she can get to an internal med. doc, she can get diagnosed properly and start healing.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:17 AM   #4
fabferrigno12
(male)

fabferrigno12 HB User

this is like my mums aquaintance online she had the same thing after escaping from her abusive husband

Last edited by fabferrigno12; 12-22-2009 at 08:18 AM.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
MickyDs
(female)

MickyDs HB User

My husband suffers from Chrones Disease, You might want to check to see if that is whats going on. Her symptoms sound alot like his when he has a flare. Chrones isnt something that is usually life threatening, though in research that i have done i have found that it could be. Really Chrones is just something that if you got it you have to keep up with it. It can get really nasty and terribly painful. I dont know if this will help you or not but I think its would be something worth checking into.

Closed Thread