It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Anyone have an idea on what might be happening with me?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
dsw1602
(female)

dsw1602 HB User
Anyone have an idea on what might be happening with me?

Hi, so last night while I was combing my hair I started to feel very weak and dizzy. Then I began to feel nauseous and like I couldn't breathe. So I decided to go up stairs, but before I could I fell to the floor. Somehow I finally made it up the stairs. When I got up stairs, everything went black. I don't know if it's because I had my eyes closed or what. All I remember is walking into my bathroom, shutting the door, hitting my face against the wall, and falling (seeing none of this). When I could see again, I saw myself just sitting there on the floor and my vision was all in pixels (I guess that's called vision snow?). I also was hearing static.. Anyways, I still feel pretty weak and I don't know why. So if anyone could give ideas on what's happening I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Ayvah2
(female)

Ayvah2 HB User
Re: Anyone have an idea on what might be happening with me?

Could be a lot of things, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, or something else. I'd go see your doctor to make sure you have no injury and to investigate this further. You can also buy an automatic blood pressure machine to take in your home as an easy cheap way to monitor your blood pressure and so you can learn what is normal for you.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:54 AM   #3
shugakooki175
(female)

shugakooki175 HB User

have u thought about that inner ear disorder.. i cant think of the name but its an inner ear infection that i have heard makes u feel dizzy like that.. my mom had that happen to her and thats what they told her.. dont know

Old 01-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
caringsister54
Senior Veteran
(female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User

The inner ear infection is called vertigo and yes it can come on that fast. it did for me. One moment I was standing outside talking with a neighbor and when I turned to go home, I fell over my own feet. thankfully her husband wa there to catch me. he literally had to carry me home. I immediately started to throw up and didn't stop for quite awhile. I was in the hospital for 5 days with it while they checked out strokes and such.

it could also be illness from toxic gas from the furnance. Carbon monoxide poisioning. You did say you were downstairs.

What would possess you to go 'upstairs' is still a mystery. You should've immediately called 911 when that feeling came on, please don't wait for a next time. Schedule a complete physical or if another 'spell' happens, dial 911 immediately.

CaringSister54

Old 01-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sinus infection, inner ear infection/problem, vertigo, low blood sugar, high or low blood pressure...any number of things. A check up is in order.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
alborde
(female)

alborde HB User

The "like I couldn't breathe" symptom has me the most concerned.
If you still are having trouble breathing, go to the ER immediately.
Not being able to breathe and passing out could be a sign of a serious life-threatening medical event.
You need to see a doctor and have him/her rule out the worst case scenario.
Report back and let us know what the doc said.

Closed Thread