It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Ttp

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
Beastieclaws
(male)

Beastieclaws HB User
Ttp

Anyone had or know anyone who has been affected by this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
kmay08
(female)

kmay08 HB User
Re: Ttp

i was just diagnosed with this a week ago. I'm 20 years old, just had a baby, and am looking for people that have overcome this disease to help me through this. I'm quite terrified.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
Beastieclaws
(male)

Beastieclaws HB User
Smile Re: Ttp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay08 View Post
i was just diagnosed with this a week ago. I'm 20 years old, just had a baby, and am looking for people that have overcome this disease to help me through this. I'm quite terrified.
My daughter Eilidh has had TTP for 7 years - but she has a very rare form of TTP, which so far doctors have been unable to stabilise. She is 24 and was diagnosed 4 days before her 18th birthday.
TTP can occur in pregnancy and you may never have it again, once the doctors get you sorted out this time., although if you get pregnant again you may come out of remission while you are pregnant. Eilidhs' doctors very rarely see patients again after their first outbrake of TTP as it usually goes into remission and stays that way. Please try not to worry too much as my daughters' case is very rare. If you have any other questions about TTP please get in touch, and enjoy your baby - they don't stay small for very long. Good luck

Old 10-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
murrinsky
(female)

murrinsky HB User

Yeah im in remission for Ttp. I was diagnosed with it in Sep 2008 whilst pregnant with my second baby. Im two years down the road and it has been difficult but I'm still here.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #5
kmay08
(female)

kmay08 HB User

I see now, that I am very fortunate. I am in remission. However, i will not be having any more kids, it's not worth the risk of getting sick again. I'm very thankful for my one baby though! He is growing like a weed and I am thankful everyday that I am here to watch him grow. I truely hope your daughter is doing well. And to the other poster, I'm glad you're still here and are also in remission. Stay strong =] we fought it, and so far, we're winning!

Old 10-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
murrinsky
(female)

murrinsky HB User
Unhappy Re: Ttp

It is hard! I'd love to have another baby especially as i lost my second little one through this illness but we have to be realistic and thankful even though some days its easy to get complacent sometimes. I ended up in hospital the other week with a severe Aura migraine, which I have been left with as a result of the TTP we think. It was the most severe symptom of the TTP first time round. I panicked and went to get my blood checked. My blood was fine apart from my Oxygen levels were low, which no one could explain but it was just a severe migraine. A reminder of a night two years ago when it wasnt just a migraine and my whole life changed overnight!

Closed Thread