It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Creepy crawly feelings

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
stop creepy
(female)

stop creepy HB User
Creepy crawly feelings

I've been experiencing a creepy crawly feeling throughout my body off and on for the last few years. Recently it has become much much worse. It's not like the descriptions of RLS where people think that there are bugs on the outside. Mine is internal. It feels like nausia of the whole body. I don't know how else to describe it. I'm usually fine going to bed at night(accept last night where I couldn't sleep) it's waking up in the morning. With in moments my body starts to get a feeling that is hard to describe. It varies from my muscles actually feeling like they are sick to twitches and actual jolts. I try to will it away butt am rarely ever able too. Now it is carrying on into my actual waking and working hours.

Last edited by stop creepy; 01-06-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
arduous42
(female)

arduous42 HB User
Re: Creepy crawly feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop creepy View Post
I've been experiencing a creepy crawly feeling throughout my body off and on for the last few years. Recently it has become much much worse. It's not like the descriptions of RLS where people think that there are bugs on the outside. Mine is internal. It feels like nausia of the whole body. I don't know how else to describe it. I'm usually fine going to bed at night(accept last night where I couldn't sleep) it's waking up in the morning. With in moments my body starts to get a feeling that is hard to describe. It varies from my muscles actually feeling like they are sick to twitches and actual jolts. I try to will it away butt am rarely ever able too. Now it is carrying on into my actual waking and working hours.
Your symptoms sound like an affliction called Morgellons. The CDC is currently doing a study on it. Dr. Hildegarde Staninger has helped many people with this affliction. Please get help before the symptoms get any worse. God Bless

Old 01-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
stop creepy
(female)

stop creepy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arduous42 View Post
Your symptoms sound like an affliction called Morgellons. The CDC is currently doing a study on it. Dr. Hildegarde Staninger has helped many people with this affliction. Please get help before the symptoms get any worse. God Bless
This doesn't sound right. I don't have any leisions or a rash. It's all an internal feeling.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
Misty800
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

The sympathetic nervous system can cause the feeling you are describing.

Try slow deep breathing and slow exhaling several times a day and see if it helps. This is one way to calm the sympathetic nervous system.

Do not drink caffeine or intake other stimulants.

Last edited by Misty800; 01-13-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
stop creepy
(female)

stop creepy HB User

I went to my doctor and described my symptoms and she told me that it sounded like RLS. I didn't think it was. She recomended 2000 iu of vitamin D, magnisium, Iron and C. i hope that it works. I've only been doing it for a week. She said that within a month I should feel better. Cross your fingers for me.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
stop creepy
(female)

stop creepy HB User

A little over a month of taking the vitamins and still no change. It seems to be getting worse. i wake up in the middle of the night feeling creepy on the inside(in weird waves) and now even if I'm busy at work I'm now getting it. I'm a bartender, so It's not like I sit around in an office all day. The Klonipin I take for my anxiety actually helps butt don't want to take that too often because of it's addictive factors.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
db1
(female)

db1 HB User

Hi,
I have the same feelings. I also take Klonopin. It helps a little with the creepy crawly feelings and stops my restless legs syndrome, and helps me fall asleep at night. I suffer insomnia with the anxiety that I have trouble with. Cymbalta is what stops the creepy crawly feeling for me. I take 60mg. once a day in the morning. It doesn't make me sleepy and doesn't impair my memory as Klonopin does so says my physician. I wonder though...where you feel the creepy crawlies? They seem to pass through my head most of the time. I hope this helps you.
DB

Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #8
stop creepy
(female)

stop creepy HB User
Unhappy Re: Creepy crawly feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by db1 View Post
Hi,
I have the same feelings. I also take Klonopin. It helps a little with the creepy crawly feelings and stops my restless legs syndrome, and helps me fall asleep at night. I suffer insomnia with the anxiety that I have trouble with. Cymbalta is what stops the creepy crawly feeling for me. I take 60mg. once a day in the morning. It doesn't make me sleepy and doesn't impair my memory as Klonopin does so says my physician. I wonder though...where you feel the creepy crawlies? They seem to pass through my head most of the time. I hope this helps you.
DB
I tried Cymbalta for a short time awhile back and it was on of the worst things I have ever taken in my life. My first dose was 30mg and within half an hour i had a horrible panic attack. It actually felt like it was toxic in my system. Now for the creepy crawly feelings, They are an all over body experience. As soon as I wake up(if i can sleep that is) I get this wave of nausia, of sorts throughout my whole body. My legs my belly, everything! I try to nod off then another wave will hit me within 5 or 10 minutes. The body jolts happen on and off while this is going on too. I feel like I'm going crazy!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #9
writeleft
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

How about a sleep study? They are very useful in diagnosis sleep disorders, breathing and movements in your sleep. It is common that sleep disorders result in daytime issues.

There is medication strictly made for RLS, (if that is part of it). It both makes you drowsy to get to sleep, then acts on the central nervous system to stop the unwanted sensations and movements.

It's called requip, and it it also helps with tremors, and seizures. I take it myself for severe RLS, and get great relief. Just an idea..hope it helps!

Old 03-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #10
stop creepy
(female)

stop creepy HB User

I'm still not feeling any better. Now it's a constant. Both day and night. Klonopin is the only thing that takes the edge off. I was hoping the vitamins would help.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #11
ibake&pray
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

The creeping is usually associated with your nerves. After my back broke I lost use of my left leg. As the nerves started to regain feeling, I would get the creepy feeling in that leg. Do you think it could be nerve related, and if so there are meds on the market for nerve pain.. neurontin, topomax, lyrica just to name a few....

Old 03-28-2010, 03:18 AM   #12
justumn
(female)

justumn HB User

Quote:
This doesn't sound right. I don't have any leisions or a rash. It's all an internal feeling.
Hi, I agree with you that it probably is not morgellons, although creepy, crawly feelings is one of the symptoms. I had those crawly feelings for about a year before the appearance of lesions.
Could it be restless leg syndrom?

Old 03-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #13
stop creepy
(female)

stop creepy HB User
Thumbs up Re: Creepy crawly feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibake&pray View Post
The creeping is usually associated with your nerves. After my back broke I lost use of my left leg. As the nerves started to regain feeling, I would get the creepy feeling in that leg. Do you think it could be nerve related, and if so there are meds on the market for nerve pain.. neurontin, topomax, lyrica just to name a few....
I'm hoping that it isn't my nerves, butt do have a doctors appt. next week. Wish me luck.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #14
Locket25
(female)

Locket25 HB User

Quote:
I went to my doctor and described my symptoms and she told me that it sounded like RLS. I didn't think it was. She recomended 2000 iu of vitamin D, magnisium, Iron and C. i hope that it works. I've only been doing it for a week. She said that within a month I should feel better. Cross your fingers for me.
Sounds like RLS to me also.
I have it and hate it and just learned to live with it.
Magnesium etc. does not make any difference or me.
Hope it does work for you
All the best Locket

Last edited by Locket25; 03-31-2010 at 11:11 PM.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #15
stop creepy
(female)

stop creepy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locket25 View Post
Sounds like RLS to me also.
I have it and hate it and just learned to live with it.
Magnesium etc. does not make any difference or me.
Hope it does work for you
All the best Locket
Just went back to the doctors today and she gave me some drugs for RLS. Requip. I guess it contains dopamine. From the research i did on it i hope that it is finally the cure for the RLS and the other issues i have.

Closed Thread