It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
(male)

Jackithug HB User
hard painless lump under left rib cage

I found a hard lump under my left ribcage after doing some strenuous workouts that forced my back to be in a weird position. These workouts were the perfect pushup and regular pullups. However the lump is there and is located where the abs meet the rib cage at the upside down V area. i can see it if I flex my abs in the mirror and it feels hard and movable kind of like cartilage. It doesnt hurt but it does feel uneasy in that area, but i think that is because i keep thinking about it. I thought it might be and extra rib at first but it is too moveable to and too much to the side for that I think. I hope this is workout relate. I have lost 110 pounds over the past 2 years, and i rarely search for lumps so there is no knowing how long it has been there for. I hope it is something that is benign but of course, me being a hypochondriac I think its cancer or something. Can anyone give me insight as to what this might be as I am very worrited and I can't stop thinking about it. I have had lumps before on random parts of my body including middle of my chest and back of neck, but they have come and gone. So i am hoping this is one of those. Thanks for the time and help and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
(male)

Rapping nun HB User
Re: hard painless lump under left rib cage

I have one on my left ribcage near the upside down v shape, I've had it nearly 8 months now. When I went to the doctor he said it was nothing and from all the online ones I have read it seems as if it's something to do with losing weight and working out. It's probably fatty tissue or something, best not to worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

vh90453 HB User

I also had a lump in this position. Mine was like a marble under the skin. I went to the Doctor who assured me it was a cyst. Being a worrier I went to another Doctor for a 2nd opinion, he said the exact same thing as the first. The lump got bigger over time and then it became sore and red. My Doctor said it was infected and cut it out. Anyway it was a cyst and I had it for about 3 years before it was removed. I got the impression because it was moveable and perfectly round like a marble it was unlikely to be anything nasty. Of course any lump should be checked by a Doctor. I hope I have been of some help.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:16 AM   #4
(male)

sivatorres HB User

i had the same thing..may people tell me whats that????pls...

Closed Thread