It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
(female)

Karol61 HB User
dizziness upon rising from bed

I get dizzy upon rising to get out of bed in A.M. I AM 61 years old , B.P.was 142/84, nausea feeling. A little dizzy while laying and slight quezzy feeling. Feel dizzy walking up steps.
Sometimes it happens while walking or sitting at computer, lost focus, things seem blurry. I have to close my eyes until I can refocus on things. Any suggestions?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User
Re: dizziness upon rising from bed

I am sorry for your situation.Please see an MD on this.When we age,it seems that new situations pop up,at will. Good lucl Bill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I agree. If this is a new thing for you, I would seek your doctors advise.

I am very dizzy and lightheaded when I arise, but mine us related to medications that I take. Did anything unusual precede this?

Until you get to your doctor, I recommend remain seated before getting up for a minute or two, until the blood has a chance to regroup. Then pause after standing up before you walk. Anytime you get dizzy or feel nauseated, make sure you are safe, holding on to something, or seated, until it passes.

You might keep a little log of when these episodes occur, and what you are doing when they happen. This may help your doctor when he/she diagnosis the cause of your issues. It will also give you a better idea of what brings them on, and how often

I wish you the best..

Old 03-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
(male)

grillo7 HB User

It could be that you're experiencing orthostatic hypotension, which is a condition where your blood pressure drops when you change position. Have someone take your blood pressures while you're lying down, sitting, and then standing up to see if there's a difference. Some medications, especially medications for high blood pressure, can cause this. Take it easy when you change positions, get up slowly, etc. until you can find out more with your healthcare provider.

Closed Thread