HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Open to All Other Health Topics (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/)
-   -   how long can trapped gas last in your system? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/742592-how-long-can-trapped-gas-last-your-system.html)

walkthruhell 04-01-2010 10:03 AM

how long can trapped gas last in your system?

im not sure if that is what is wrong with me but i have been doing a lot of research and it's the only thing i can account my chest pains to. i went to the dr and he said my heart and all my vitals look good. Basically he couldnt tell me what was wrong with me and told me to take ibuprofen for the chest pains. that it would help relax me. but i also am experiencing being short of breath. i do think its probably trapped gas now though because i have been belching and passing gas a LOT since this came up. also it kinda feels better when i do but it never FULLY feels better. the only reason im iffy about it being gas is because this has been going on for an entire week! is it even possible that trapped gas can last this long? and it started happening RIGHT after i ate last week. just seems crazy this would last a whole week...

also, is it okay for me to take gas x while taking the ibuprofen

Misty800 04-01-2010 10:30 AM

Re: how long can trapped gas last in your system?

Have you tried Gas-X?

walkthruhell 04-01-2010 11:10 AM

i have. like i said it gives me little relief but not all the way.

reachout 04-01-2010 03:40 PM

Hello

I am sorry you are not feeling so great. I came across this post and just had to respond. I don't mean to second guess your doctor, but want to share with you what happened recently to my friend.. also a female.

She also was having gas issues... actually her tummy was bloated from gas. She belched constantly and also had shortness of breath. She went to see a gastro doctor with th symptoms. He gave her some meds to try and relieve the gas. He also sent her for a chest X-ray. She questioned a chest x-ray and he said he wasn't happy with the shotness of breath. Thank God he sent her. All of her issues were symptoms of a heart problem!

When she went to the heart doctor, she was to take a stress test by way of the Persantium (sp?) shot. When they lay her down to give her the shot, she was so short of breath, the test was stopped. Again, thank God because had the test been continued, she would have gone into arrest. The 'bloating" was actually fluid. She was hospitalized and given a med thru IV. She lost over twenty pounds of fluid in 2 days. Congestive heart failure was the diagnosis.
She is under the cardiologist's care now and doing okay. They are watching her closely.

I bring all this to your attention because heart symptoms are so different betwen men and women. If your symptoms do not clear up real soon, please get further testing. Let's hope it is just gas, but not take any chances.

All the best
reach

walkthruhell 04-01-2010 04:07 PM

thank you so much. actually when i went to the dr i had an x ray and he said everything looked fine. so, im not really sure what else it could be. Thank you so much for your help though.

Misty800 04-02-2010 07:45 AM

Take no chances, get checked out by a cardiologist. Better to be safe than sorry.