It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
(female)

protea0712 HB User
Pleasse help my son

I have posted on here last year thinking that my son has PFAPA.It turns out that he had EBV.He was having high fevers from JUne 2009 until Dec 2009 and then it quit.Well it started again this past week.the fever went up to 103 for 3 days.The dr did a cbc to make sure all was well and it came back that his wbc was 2.2. The range should be 6-1500. He tested him again 2 days later and it went up to 4.The whole of last year they were concerned cause his nuetrophils were in the 20% and the lymphocytes were always higher than 66%. They said that his ANC was also low but never gave me that number. My concern is that they are missing something.Last year the drs said that they need more symptoms to go by.Thats the thing there are no symptoms just the high fever and fatigue and no energy.This past week he has had periods of low energy and then he will be fine.He is still drinking a lot of liquids.That was a concern that I had last year too but nothing was done about it.If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.He is having another cbc done on Friday.
I was worried last year about luekemia and things like that but they said that his red count is fine so there is no need to worry.PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Just to add he will be 3 in JUne 2010.

Last edited by protea0712; 04-19-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: add more info

Closed Thread