It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
(female)

tnlisa HB User
what can cause pinhead sized red spots on my legs

what can cause pinhead sized red spots on my legs and arms

Old 04-20-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
(female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User
Re: what can cause pinhead sized red spots on my legs

Do they itch? Are they raised in appearance? When did you first notice them? Do they come and go?
Rose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
(female)

tnlisa HB User
Unhappy Re: what can cause pinhead sized red spots on my legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose4me View Post
Do they itch? Are they raised in appearance? When did you first notice them? Do they come and go?
Rose
NO THEY DO NOT ITCH? THEY AREN'T RAISED, I 1ST NOTICED THEM ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO AND NOW THEY HAVE SPREAD TO MY LEFT LEG AND UNDERNEATH MY RIGHT ARM. THE ONES ON MY ARM ARE MORE BROWNISH THEN RED, I HAVE BEEN TO THE DR. AND SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT IT COULD BE. SHE TRIED MY ON A CREAM AND THAT DID NOTHING BUT MAKE ME SMELL LIKE AN ONION ( that was just wonderful) NOW SHE IS SENDING ME TO A DERMATOLOGIST MAY 4TH. ALL I KNOW IS MY RIGHT LEG HURTS AND MY SKIN IS SO UGLY! OH AND THEY DO NOT COME AND GO, EVERYDAY THEIR IS A NEW BLOTCH ON MY LEGS. THANK YOU ROSE, LISA

Old 04-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
(female)

Welcome to Health Boards tnlisa
Your symptoms are indeed puzzling. I hope others will chime in here re: your unknown skin spots. How odd that your right leg is bothersome. Did it begin to hurt, along the time frame you first noticed the spots?
Rose

Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #5
(female)

tnlisa HB User

no i have had pain in my right leg on and off for about a yr but the pain is always there now and when these spots started coming out the pain got worse and it never stops. but it is spreading, everyone that i show says it looks like i have been hit or i hit something and it made the blood come up to my skin and when i really looked at my spots it does look like little blood spots..i'm worried because my own dr. isn't sure what it is..

Old 04-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #6
(female)

tnlisa - I read a rather lenghty article last night on the web about petechiae , or a petechial rash - you can do your own research. I hope this points you in a direction that eliminates or validates your symtoms. With so much available to us on the web - the information can be overwhelming and sometimes cause unnecessary alarm. It also will validate what you have been trying to convey to your doctor all along. It helps I think to have possiblities to suggest to the doctor, who may not have dealt with your particular ailments, but is willing to help you get well - and sticks with you through it.
Keep us posted - I know others will chime in here - I'm looking forward to their seasoned suggestions.
Rose

Old 04-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
(female)

tnlisa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose4me View Post
tnlisa - I read a rather lenghty article last night on the web about petechiae , or a petechial rash - you can do your own research. I hope this points you in a direction that eliminates or validates your symtoms. With so much available to us on the web - the information can be overwhelming and sometimes cause unnecessary alarm. It also will validate what you have been trying to convey to your doctor all along. It helps I think to have possiblities to suggest to the doctor, who may not have dealt with your particular ailments, but is willing to help you get well - and sticks with you through it.
Keep us posted - I know others will chime in here - I'm looking forward to their seasoned suggestions.
Rose
Okay thank you for taking the time to find info. about my problems, i will go read on what you have posted. I will keep you posted when ever i find out anything (which i hope i do SOON) again thank you, lisa

Closed Thread