It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
(female)

BrieBens HB User
Please someone help me. Head issues

Hey I"m new too the board. I actually came across it because I can't find an answer to what i'm dealing with. This just started this morning. I"m freaking out and pray that someone can help me. I've been on 5mg Percocet (take one 5 times a day) for months now. Today when I woke up ( only getting 4 hrs of sleep and I do drink a lot of caffinated drinks) I felt a twitch in the back of my head. Needless to say it has not gone away. I have no other symptoms and take no other medication. I"m scared as hell and I called a nurse. She told me she had never heard of such a thing. I don't know if the 2 are related. I have no headache, not dizzy but after looking up a lot of crap on line now I"m afraid to sleep due to possible death ( thanks search engine). Can anyone help me please?

Brie Benson

Old 04-26-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
(female)

fosterchild411 HB User
Re: Please someone help me. Head issues

Thats exactly what my symptoms started with. I just posted a pleading question of whats going on with me. Mine is also with narcotics. I's gotten to the point of cunvulsive like movements, i've been in and out of the er and they tell me everything from serotonin syndrome to over stimulation opiate receptors to just anxiety, so i'm praying for you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Brie & Foster: Look up Catamenial Epilepsy on the web. Are these things happening around your menstrual cycle - before, during and after? I never had problems until I was 44 and come to find out it's menopause for me. It started with a buzzing feeling going over the side of my head. It's hormones!!!!!!!!!! It can start at puberty or menopause. It's caused by estrogen dominance. You don't say your ages but since you're both female it could be this. You should see a neurologist and get an EEG and MRI to see what's going on in your brain. Hormones regulate your brain more than you may know.

I'd also recommend going to an endocrinologist and getting your hormones checked. The neuro won't do it for you. An endocrinologist will also look at all your other stuff like thyroid, adrenals, etc.

I've found that the meds they give me don't work.

These episodes are also increased around the new moon and the full moon. I'm told that caffeine increases them but if that's the case then why don't they happen every single day.

Also, read Dr. John Lee's books, "What your Dr. won't tell you about menopause" and he's got one on perimenopause also. Lots of info in there. I've got lots of posts on the boards about my issues. check them out. Good luck.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
(female)

BrieBens HB User

Well I'm only 27 yrs old but yes it is during my cycle. I have experienced this one other time but it was twitches in my arms and legs after an 80 hour work week and on large amounts of red bull and on my feet 15hrs a day at times. So Thank you for the responses. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on. They aren't in my head anymore it's more like muscle twitches in my arms and lets and limbs which I'm hoping is just due to exams being next week so I"m up til 3am studying, drinking red bull, and still working several hours a week as well as getting only 4 hrs of sleep per night. I"m hoping it's nothing more serious than this. So it's not a brain thing I'm sure. I'm hoping it's just due to everything i'm dealing with. I'm trying to cut back on caffiene but it's hard due to this week and next week being finals time. Thank you for your help I do feel a little better. : )

Old 04-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

brie, just exactly what are you taking that percocet FOR? what 'pain' are you actually trying to manage here? this would be helpful to actually know for alot of reasons. FB

Closed Thread