It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
(male)

LucaBrasi HB User
Feels like something stuck in the back of my throat

a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a sensation in the back of my throat. all I can describe it as, was feeling like a piece of popcorn stuck right at the back. I had not had anything to eat that could cause such a sensation, but I talked myself into thinking that was what it probably was.

I have stuck my fingers down past my tongue to see if I could get it out, but I was unable to feel anything down there with my finger.

although the sharp feeling has since subsided, I can still feel "something", it's like something is still stuck there and I find myself involuntarily swallowing to try to get rid of it. it is one of those niggly little things, if I am not really paying it any notice, I can easily forget about it, but as soon as I feel it, I am always swallowing.

the last day or 2, I have started noticing that I have a dry cough, and in the morning just after I wake up, I have a bit of a sore throat.

any ideas what it might be? should it be something I need to be concerned about?

Old 05-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiasmama HB User
Re: Feels like something stuck in the back of my throat

I had something similar. Mine did not hurt and wasn't sore but I went to the doc anyway because it was annoying and didn't seem to be going away. He took a look and sent me for a barium swallow just to make sure. There was nothing on the swallow, so he said my esophagus was constricting and that's what I was feeling. He said it would be constricting because of "silent reflux" or because of stress. I took some reflux meds for a bit, but I didn't notice any difference. After about three weeks I stopped taking them, and I haven't had that feeling much at all since. It's funny....as I sit here typing this I am getting that "something in the back of my throat" feeling. Ah, the power of suggestion!

Because you have some soreness and some other symptoms, I would definitely tell you to go to an ENT and get some tests done. At least then you'll eliminate some things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread