It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User
Unhappy Exhaustion,Pain After Kids Leave (senior)

I would like to know if the following can be caused by a totally sedentary iifestyle? My grandchildren, 7 and 10, spent hours with us and I cooked outside and made two desserts.
I sat outside with my daughter and watched the kids ride bikes. My husband stayed in his recliner biting his lip when my granddaughter would go into squealing mode and at one point left the room, saying he was "going to the bedroom to watch golf." I was tense, knowing he was annoyed.
We lead an Extremely quiet life. You can hear a pin drop in our community. We do have two bichons who COLLAPSE after my family leaves.
I felt so exhausted when they left I went right to bed to watch tv the rest of the evening.
It hurt all over when I'd get up off the chair or off the bed. I took two Advil and slept well.
Is this abnormal? My recent thyroid panel and CBC were fine with a slightly elevated glucose. Am I alone in feeling this way? I don't know if I'm glad they're coming every Sunday from now on to eat with us because of his reactions and my fatigue but I surely cannot tell them to stay away! I've already lived away from them for ten yrs and now I'm back.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Exhaustion,Pain After Kids Leave (senior)

Susan

Hubby and I baby sit for our bay granddaughter for one day and it takes us two days to recoup! Even when we watch the four year old, it is the same thing.I think we "overwatch" grandchildren and are way to in tune with every move they make. You are sure not alone!
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread