It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twokatss HB User
Lipoma on shoulder

Lipoma has grown from 2 cm to about 5 cm on top of left shoulder into the neck area. Am wondering if I should be be concerned about it. At what size are these usually removed. However it is not raised as much as it is long & wide.

No xrays were taken. Just exam of by DR. Is there any other treatment other than surgical for these.

Thanks for any input.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
(female)

Stabevrian HB User
Re: Lipoma on shoulder

How fast has it grown from 2-5cm? I had 2 lipomas removed from my left arm last year- they were growing slowly, but started to hurt.

Is your Dr sure it is a lipoma? What does it feel like?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ozfan79 HB Userozfan79 HB Userozfan79 HB User

I have had 30 lipomas removed from various body parts over the last 4 years. Some have been 1 centimeter while others were 3 to 4 centimeters. My doctor removed them at his office. After having so many of them, I can tell by feeling it if something is a lipoma or not. My doctor says to let him know when any of them hurt, and he will take them out. I would use pain as your guide instead of size unless the size of it bothers you.

I never had x-rays done on any of mine either. The dr. diagnosed me after the physical exam.

I hope this helped.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
(female)

Stabevrian HB User

Ozfan- have you ever had any removed from your rib area or under either of your arms? Do most of yours hurt? I have only had 2 removed, but I have a ton of other ones I am considering having removed b/c they are starting to bother me.

Thanks!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Yes, I had two lipomas removed from my rib area earlier this year, and I will have another one removed from my righht rib area this Fall. Those were trickier for my dr to remove, but I am so glad they are gone. Those really hurt before he took them out. Mine don't usually bother me at first, but they tend to push against nerves or veins soon after I first notice them. That is when they hurt.

I can totally relate to having tons of them. Once, my doctor told me that he could see about 30 of them (they were various sizes, and I couldn't feel most of them), but he said I probably actually had about a hundred of them because there are always new ones forming all the time.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twokatss HB User

Thanks for the info...Do you know why these develope?

Old 05-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

My doctor said that there is no known cause for a lipoma, but he said if you have one, you will most likely develop more. I know I have.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
(female)

Rlrenew HB User

The last three months I have noticed a lump on my left shoulder.The lump is large and soft. I think it may have been there and it was really little in the past, however in the last three months it has grown to the size of a golf ball. My arm has been hurting, it feels like a muscular cramp down my arm and also on my upper back. I went to the orthopedic surgeon, just two weeks ago, went for an MRI and he said it is Lipoma. I am having it removed in three weeks. I deceided to have it removed because these arm cramps are pretty painful against my nerves. I new someone who's lipoma has grown and taken over muscle tissue, since this is getting bigger and bigger fast, I want to remove it. It just does not feel right leaving it there.
Does anyone have a shoulder Lipoma? Did you have muscular pain?
Does anyone know the recovery time after this procedure?

Last edited by Rlrenew; 02-21-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Closed Thread