It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 03:51 AM   #1
(male)

Michael1135 HB User
please help i dont know what to do

i am adhd and have anxiety disorder. i stopped taking adderall xr in high school bc i didnt want to take it any more. recently, with everything going on in my life ( kids marriage, business, schooling) the dr. put me back on but at a low dose of 10 mg 2x a day with the xanax 2x a day. it really seemed to help me get through my day and stay focus and on course but because i was given just the regular tablets, they stop working to soon and i took more ( i called the doctor he said this would be fine. He told me he would switch me back to the xr so they would last longer. sadly i am all out of meds and my appointments isnt till the 20th. i pay with cash ( no insurance) so will there be a problem if i schedule my appointment 7 days early?
oh and just so you know i am not a pill popper or " drug addict" or anything like that> i just want the right dose> thank you

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-13-2010 at 05:49 AM. Reason: merging threads

Old 05-13-2010, 04:04 AM   #2
(male)

Michael1135 HB User
how many days once i get my script can i get a new one

i have already explained it in another post that no one answered so i will spare you the detail. I dont have insurance and am paying out of pocket so the insurance company part of it does not matter. can i see my doctor and get my new script exactly seven days before my scheduled appointment?Please help me i am new at this kind of stuff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2010, 04:22 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: how many days once i get my script can i get a new one

I'm not sure I understand your question. How can you see your doctor 7 days before your appointment? If you are asking will they phone in a refill before you come in, most likely but it depends on the med itself. Probably won't do it for narcotics but most other meds they probably would.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:24 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: please help i dont know what to do

OK, this makes more sense. Just call and ask them to phone in a refill. They should or they'll move your appt up.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
(female)

grammy11943 HB User
Re: please help i dont know what to do

Good Morning, Adderall XR is now available in generic form. I'm not sure if you were aware of it. I take it and don't notice the difference between the expensive brand name and the generic formula and it is a lot cheaper. Hope this helps you on the cost of your prescription.

Closed Thread