It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
(male)

Monorojo HB User
Pretty sure I am dying, but hope not. No Health Insurance or money. Any advice?

Hi, 22 year old male here 5'8 around 160 last time I weighed myself but that was about a year ago. I got out of the military August of 09' (Navy). I am almost certain I have a very bad disease in my body but I have no health insurance so no hospital for me, perhaps you can help me diagnosis so I can at least try to treat myself with over the counter stuff? I currently live in San Diego, CA so the weather/climate is obviously not an issue.

It all started November 09'. Me and my friend were smoking some weed out of a foot long bong (I also smoke cigs). I took a hit, and about 2-3 minutes later started to freak out a bit. It felt as if there was something in the center of my chest (right between my nipples) and it was trying to get out. Long story short my buddy called an ambulance but when they arrived I was feeling better and told them I was fine and in no need of assistance.

I have smoked weed and spice (Just synthetic weed sold at smoke shops) dozens of times since and I still get an odd experience where my chest feels pain and I have difficulty breathing when I am high. I think it may be all mental but you can never really tell.

Through the initial experience I have developed a sunken chest. The dip in my chest appears right where I had the sensation stated above (between my nipples, perhaps a little below). Over the course of the past 7 months the dip in my chest appears to be widening in depth and circumference. Shortly afterwards I started to feel pain in my neck and upper chest on a consistent basis (which I still feel today and currently as I write this). The pain is rather persistent and gets even worse whenever I smoke cigs/bud/spice. During these fits my neck seems to enlarge and deflate at will, and there appears to be bumps inside my neck right by the adam's apple. My adam's apple also seemingly apears to be between 2 of my bones and sometimes sinks to a point where i have to push down on my neck to feel it.

Often times during the attacks to my neck and chest, my jaw and teeth would go numb or start tingling. When I move my jaw around it feels like there is something stuck between my gums and my teeth right at the chin. I have to constantly spit when I am smoking anything. Sometimes I get a loud weeze from breathing in and out.

I also appear to be suffering from a bloated stomach at all times. I can breathe out air and my stomach decreases in size by a great deal. In this state the skin is flappy and seems to overlap as if there is no muscle. I have had constant sinus problems since the sunken chest ordeal, but I read that is to be expected. I get rashes on my upper chest and shoulders that go away after a short period of time. I have constant gas issues, as I burp and fart practically all day, regardless of what I eat.

When I deficate and/or fart, I get goosebumps almost everytime. I also get goosebumps for no apparent reason whatsoever. My feces often has red trails in it, which I hope are not blood?!? I have been developing little dark red spots on my skin in random places but this is very infrequent and more of a recent development. In my right arm I developed something of a scab that I had no idea from what. It was shaped in a circle, brown in color and seemed to indent into my body. It does appear to be healing but at a very slow rate.

When it comes to my body I look much skinnier (besides my bloated belly). It appears what little muscles I had in my arms have completely went away. When I hold my arm out straight, there is a noticable gap right at the elbow where my bone should be, don't know if this is normal? I can feel the bones on my shoulder as if there was nothing between my skin and the bone itself. This holds true to waist area as well, where I have developed dark skin right on the hips. Though I still have the same sized legs from my thighs down. My knees do appear to be like my elbows thougha nd when i hold my leg straight out there seems to be an indent in my skin where there used to be fat or muscle but now it just appears to be a hole or indent in my body.

About a month ago I severely sprained my right ankle playing basketball. For a 3 or 4 day span I hoped on my right foot to get around as I did not have support. After my right ankle seemingly healed I started to develop pain in my left foot. Keep in mind I have a metal plate in both legs, one for a broken leg when I was 13 and another for a broken ankle when I was 19, both with numerous screws attached. This pain that developed in my left foot is still there today. It feels as if the bone in the toe closest to my big toe appears to be off, like it is still there but not correctly connected. The pain in this foot varies greatly depending on the day, but there does not seem to be any swelling. I noticed that I started to bleed out of my toe closest to the pinky toes on the same foot. The blood appears to have come from underneath the nail but that only happened once. My foot does not go numb.

I have been suffering from insomnia that past 3-4 days. Even though I stay up til well past 2 AM, I only sleep for 6-7 hours before I awaken. It is not steady sleep, the longest without waking up is only 4-5 hours. I am typing this at 5 AM in the morning haven woken up at Noon today after having fallen asleep at around 4 AM the previous night. Perhaps my sleep schedule is just off?

I get random pains on my body, and often have the feeling as if a bug is crawling on me, but there is very seldomn anything there. There are little pimples that appear on my chest, and other random parts of my body but go away completely after about a week. There are times where I can see all the viens in my hand, or I look in the mirror at my chest and I can see the blue viens through my skin but they are not sticking out. I have not cut my toenails in a very long time (2-3 months) but they do not appear to be growing back.

I have taken and abused extasy, acid, 2cb, cocaine, marijuana, oxycontin, and other pain pills/prescription drugs over the course of the past 8 months as well. I hope I am just in very bad shape due to my reckless living style and there is nothing truly wrong with me but the pains in my neck and chest are telling me otherwise, along with the odd loss of muscle/fat and loose skin that is left behind.

I understand the first tip or advice given in this thread will be to stop smoking and taking drugs, and start eating healthy. I will try but I am very weak willed and constantly fall to the prey of peer pressure, so we can assume these things will continue til death (be that at age 25 or 45).

I cant really think of anything else right now but I know there is more. Any over the counter ailments I can use for the above stated symptoms? I know this seems like alot, but Ive been dealing with this stuff for 8 months and have not told a soul anything, so sorry if its a bit unreadable.

thank you so much for any help or advice you may give in advance, I truly appreciate it.

ECIT - I tried to get advice from a live doctor on this site but it keeps telling me bad request? That would be cool if I could talk to someone about whatever is happening to me.

Last edited by Monorojo; 05-13-2010 at 06:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Pretty sure I am dying, but hope not. No Health Insurance or money. Any advice?

Monorojo: How long were you in the service? Where were you? Over seas, in Iraq, Afghanistan? Maybe you caught something there and brought it home with you. Yes, I'd say you're living a strange life doing all those drugs. Not good! Don't you have any benefits from the US Gov't since you were in the service?

You should be able to be treated at a hospital. Most hospitals have some kind of services available for free care for people without insurance. If you've got some dreadful disease that could be passed on to other people the Board of Health and the NIH should be aware of it. Call your local Board of Health and see what they offer for assistance. When you tell them you were in the service they might give you some consideration. You never know until you try.

You're too young to be having these problems. You need to wake up and get your life straight before you do something worse to yourself or hurt others. I'm amazed that the military didn't straighten you out!

I don't know where you live but you could also seek out any free clinics that might be available where you live. You need to let others in your family know what's going on so they can try to help you as well.

Please try and clean up your life. Take care and good luck.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
(female)

DesertMeow HB User
Re: Pretty sure I am dying, but hope not. No Health Insurance or money. Any advice?

Hello, I am not a doctor, just a layperson who will tell you my thoughts.

The chest pains and difficulty breathing during and after smoking: maybe you're damaging your lungs with all this smoking.

You say you think you have developed a sunken chest and it "appears to be widening in depth and circumference." Maybe it appears more sunken due to weight loss due to your lifestyle. It's also possible you are starting to obsessively examine your body and see things getting worse that aren't really getting worse.

Pain in your neck and chest, numbness of jaw and teeth, sinus problems: all sound like symptoms of smoking and stress. (Stress makes you tense, causing neck and jaw pain and stress and smoking decrease your immune system.)

Rash on upper chest and shoulders: stress can cause this, exposure to drugs/toxins, or a virus?

"I have constant gas issues.....My feces often has red trails in it, which I hope are not blood?!?" My guess is hemmorhoids due to poor nutrition, not enough water, lack of sleep (which can cause IBS/constipation.) If you think you have blood in your feces, you should go to a doctor, though.

"little dark red spots on my skin in random places" Are they cherry angiomas, a normal thing that starts to appear in one's 20's and 30's?

"In my right arm I developed something of a scab" Maybe a cut you didn't remember getting or a bacterial skin infection, but if it's healing and getting better (not ***** or dark pink or hot like an active infection), then keep an eye on it. If it isn't healing or starts to hurt, then see a doctor.

"When it comes to my body I look much skinnier (besides my bloated belly). ...It appears what little muscles I had in my arms have completely went away. " Drug use will do that to you.

"About a month ago I severely sprained my right ankle playing basketball...After my right ankle seemingly healed I started to develop pain in my left foot. ..." Maybe you overcompensated using the left foot and strained it.

"I noticed that I started to bleed out of my toe closest to the pinky toes on the same foot. The blood appears to have come from underneath the nail but that only happened once..." Injury? Shoes too tight? Did you ever inject drugs under the nail? (Had to ask-- some people do that.)

"I have been suffering from insomnia that past 3-4 days....Perhaps my sleep schedule is just off?" Your normal circadian rhythm is probably being thrown off by you staying up late some nights. This, plus stress and worry and drugs of course can cause insomnia. A lot of people have insomnia. Even a small amount of stress can cause it.

"I get random pains on my body, and often have the feeling as if a bug is crawling on me..." Everyone gets random pains. The feeling of bugs is maybe due to past or current drug use or lack of sleep (which causes weird symptoms) or stress?

"There are little pimples that appear on my chest, and other random parts of my body but go away completely after about a week." That doesn't sound very abnormal. Hard to say without pictures.

"There are times where I can see all the viens in my hand, or I look in the mirror at my chest and I can see the blue viens through my skin.." That sounds normal, too, especially if you're pale-skinned. You're probably examining your body more closely lately,due to thinking you might be ill, and noticing things like this that are actually normal for you.

"I have not cut my toenails in a very long time (2-3 months) but they do not appear to be growing back...." Sometimes toenails they just grow slowly. I think it can depend on the time of year.

"I have taken and abused extasy, acid, 2cb, cocaine, marijuana, oxycontin, and other pain pills/prescription drugs over the course of the past 8 months as well." So this is probably why your lungs hurt, you've lost muscle, and you have aches and pains. I'm going to guess your nutrition, hydration, and sleep have been poor this whole time?

I think you need to get some rehab, counseling, and get off drugs. Start eating lots of healthy proteins, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, organic meat/dairy and get PROPER SLEEP every night. It doesn't work to get 8 hours one night, 5 the next, 9 the next, and so on. You need proper sleep every night, a regular sleep cycle (even one night of partying can throw off your health), and proper nutrition every day to feel healthy.

"Any over the counter ailments I can use for the above stated symptoms? "
I would start with a good multivitamin, not more chemicals.

Also, since you have a history of drug use, if you've ever (even once) shared needles to inject drugs or shared tools, like straws to inhale cocaine, you really should get tested for blood-bourne diseases (hepatitis B and C, HIV) and also sexually transmitted diseases, if it's possible you engaged in sexual activity while high that you don't remember (or if you did engage in any that you do remember.) I don't mean to scare you, just to remind you of the risks. Testing for all of this should be available at your local state department of health, or they can tell you where you can get tested for free.

As far as whether you have a disease or something, you really need to get off all drugs and alcohol for a few months, live a healthier lifestyle, and then see what symptoms you're still having. If you then still have some that you think are possibly serious, find some way to go to a doctor. It's too hard to say what might or might not be wrong, as long as you're still using drugs (even "just" smoking) because drugs will cause symptoms.

Best of luck to you.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

With the large Navy presence there, isn't there a VA location near you? You could go there or your local county health department. And also, you need to quit the drugs, etc.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
(male)

Monorojo HB User

Thank you very much for the advice all.

Closed Thread