HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Open to All Other Health Topics (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/)
-   -   Knuckle size (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/749646-knuckle-size.html)

Ted g 05-18-2010 12:37 AM

Knuckle size

for many years i have been puzzled by the size of my knuckels, for some reason my knuckle nearest to my thumb is the biggest and then they get smaller and smaller in order. every single other person that i have met has their second finger knuckle the biggest.

does anyone have any idea why this is?

Ted g 05-21-2010 01:51 AM

Re: Knuckle size

anyone have Any Idea whatsoever?

gjoy 05-21-2010 03:34 AM

Hi Ted G
Are your knuckles the same on both hands?
Do you use your hands a lot for repetitive work?
Tell the truth I have never assessed my knuckles before but from what you say I am one of the normal people and you are something special.
Enjoy having the time to wonder about such things.

Gjoy

Ted g 05-22-2010 04:44 AM

[QUOTE=gjoy;4250160]Hi Ted G
Are your knuckles the same on both hands?
Do you use your hands a lot for repetitive work?
Tell the truth I have never assessed my knuckles before but from what you say I am one of the normal people and you are something special.
Enjoy having the time to wonder about such things.

Gjoy[/QUOTE]

yep, they are the same on both hands, and they have allways been this way from since i can remember.

what do you mean by repetitive work? clicking a computer mouse or writing? - because i do alot of that every day

gjoy 05-23-2010 12:33 AM

Hi Ted G

I suppose if they have always been like that, a repetitive task like using the mouse or writing a lot will not have caused it. Have you checked out all your relatives? It may be a genetic thing.

I suppose it proves we are all different. LIke some people are tall and others are short, some are fat and some are thin. I have big ears and you have big first knuckles. Isn't nature interesting.

Gjoy

writeleft 05-23-2010 12:39 AM

I have a similar trait...but it is my toes. I notice most people's second toe is longer than the big toe. But my big toe is the biggest and the others go down in order. I have always liked them that way.

We are all different, and that is what makes us unique. Wouldn't it be awful if we were all exactly the same?

Ted g 05-24-2010 12:29 AM

[QUOTE=gjoy;4251349]Hi Ted G

I suppose if they have always been like that, a repetitive task like using the mouse or writing a lot will not have caused it. Have you checked out all your relatives? It may be a genetic thing.

I suppose it proves we are all different. LIke some people are tall and others are short, some are fat and some are thin. I have big ears and you have big first knuckles. Isn't nature interesting.

Gjoy[/QUOTE]

yea, my dad is the same. ill have to check his pairents if they are like it some day.

my knuckles were probibly caused by imbreeding haha... they were supposed to have come from the isle of white after all many years ago...

DesertMeow 05-24-2010 10:53 AM

My thumb-knuckle appears bigger than my pointer-finger knuckle... are you sure that is not what's actually most "normal" and common?

Titchou 05-24-2010 11:08 AM

If it runs in your family then that just the luck of the gene draw - so to speak.

writeleft 05-24-2010 07:09 PM

Now that Desetmeow mentions it, my thumb knuckle is also much larger than my finger knuckle...This could make excellent party conversation!

Ted g 05-25-2010 12:56 AM

i mean my pointer finger not thumb, i think thumb is normaly bigger then your pointer finger, but it my case my pointer finger knuckle is bigger. ;p