It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
(male)

cetillee HB User
Question Palpitations, Shortness of Breath, and more.

It all started a month or two ago, when I was sitting with my feet up playing with the computer. I all of the sudden felt my heart beating, I got light headed or heavy headed, experienced shortness of breath and things started to darken.

I have never experienced anything remotely like it, as i can count the number of headaches ive had in my 24 years of living on one hand. The only thing Ive ever been bothered with is the common cold, sore throat and all those seasonal illnesses like the flue and so on. I am a slim and slender man at 176cm or ~ 5.10.

When this first happined I called the doctors office and asked for advice. As they meant it could be a heart condition they adviced me to come at once, and I decided to drive. On my way there I felt like I was a goner mentally, and when there were only a few hundred yards left of driving, I felt as if it was way too long a drive, even if it is not.

The doctors took an ECG and blood tests. The ECG was negative, and so were all the blood tests (took a long range of tests), except for dust mite allergies, which I have been diagnosed with since I was 18. I also did a spirometry, which uncovered asthma.

The doctor started me on inhalator for asthma, and found it to be effective, as it increased my lounge capacity. I used it for a while without it making me any better. Then I got some new fancy pills for asthma and allergies in case it was the dust mites, but as I am writing this I cannot say it is working (1,5 months of use).

The palpitations are not so bad anymore, but there. I still have shortness of breath at times, and I feel a small part of my lower left abdomen, right above the hip bone to be almost belched (but its not visible), I feel like my body is...strangly slow..almost absent but at the same time hyper sensetive. In my opinion i burp alot, I have little lust for food (never had), I get regular localized pulsations where I can see the vains pumping or feel a muscle spasm shortly (goes away if i touch it). Sexdrive is down (I can go a month without even wanting it).

About the asthma; I have no problem running around a soccer feild chasing a ball for several hours. I do not feel that the asthma is in any way a hindrence. Allthough numbers say otherwise (before and after medication) I do not feel any different now than what Ive done my whole life regarding exersize and breath.

About the dust mite allergies; After I was diagnosed again at age 24 (now) and with these symptomes, I try to freeze my sheets to kill the mites and change more regularly on my bed. This has had no effect really.

About the abdomen: Where the hip bone tops off, and a little to the right, and area the size of a match box feels belched and sensetive. It doesnt feel different with my hands than the other side, but the whole left side may look a little enlarged compared to the right. I am slender, so it shows easy. I havent told my docter of this yet, but I will next time I see him (soon).

Without being a doctor my self, I would say this doesnt have anything to do with alergies or asthma, but I cant say for sure, which is why Im asking all of you if you have similiar experiences, or can tell me that this definatley is not related to dust mites or asthma. The symptomes seem to appear mostly when I am going to bed, sitting with my feet raised, and while being socially alone (in a room or at home) or absent minded. I do not notice these things while I am with people and interacting with them, unless I think about it or we talk about it. physical work seems to take my mind of it, and so I do not feel its presense.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread