It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
(male)

Joseph91 HB User
pilonidal cyst maybe?

I don't know if I have a pilonidal cyst but I was hoping some one here could help. I scheduled a doctor's appointment but I am anxious to know. The reason why I don't know weather or not it's a pilonidal cyst is because it's not near my tailbone or the top of my buttock's crack. About 5inches down from my tailbone just on the border outside of my buttock's crack is a solid lump. It is visible to me in the mirror and it has a white head (kinda look's like a nipple). I have not tried to pop it because I fear it might hurt. Please this is serious and any help would be much appreciated thank you

Last edited by Joseph91; 05-18-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: pilonidal cyst maybe?

It sounds like you may have a boil of some kind that needs to be drained and you may need antibiotics. Don't know since neither me or you can see it very well.

But a pilonidal cyst is a cyst that involves the base of the spine and as a cyst is not infected but if/when they become infected, it's treated much like a giant boil and drained and cleaned out.

So either way it needs to be seen and treated. I've had boils on my butt and I've had a pilonidal cyst removed and personally, the pain before they are drained is worse than the pain of them doing it or afterward. Don't worry and get it treated.

And who knows, maybe it's not an infection at all and is something you can leave alone. But only your doc will know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
(male)

Joseph91 HB User
Re: pilonidal cyst maybe?

Thank you for replying but I forgot to add one more thing it only hurt's after sitting on a hard surface for awhile but usually no pain. Your advice is much appreciated I have the appointment next Thursday and pray to hear some good news.

Closed Thread