It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
(male)

Southpoleman HB User
Deep breath problems

I am 20, about 6 feet, and weigh about 220, decent of muscle though. I do smoke cigs but thats it. Never drink or do drugs. No health problems other than a polynidal cyst, and 1 1/2 years ago, emergency appendectamy.

2 months ago my best friend died of a heroin od. It came as a shock and baeically shut me down. I went into a bad stage, but realized it and got out. Went to the hospital for my first anxiety attack shortly afterwards. I started realizing nobodys invincible. Stopped eating friend foods, cut back on smoking and soda, and started walking alot. Lost about 20 pounds in a few weeks.

My issue is, for about a month, i cant get a nice deep breath. It comes and goes, but when it comes its ridiculous. I dont get dizzy or light headed or anything, and i can breath fine, i just cant get a good breath. It takes 3-4 times to get it. Anybody have any reason or tricks to fix this. I am under alot of stress with college, and work, my friend passing, and recently after 20 yeats, contact with the other half of my family. So maybe its that, but im not sure cuz its getting old now.

Any help or tricks or breathing exercises or anything would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2010, 05:25 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: Deep breath problems

I know exactly what you are going through.It's part of the anxiety and happens to me sometimes.In times of stress it can be worse.
I have yet to find anything which completely takes it away (other then Xanax) but there are a few things that help.

Sometimes it helps to try to burp and get rid of any extra air that may be in your stomach.
Sometimes it helps if you try to yawn.
Stretch your body out so you can get more air into your lungs.
Lay down if you can to relax for a moment.
Take a drink of water.

Avoid caffeine,and avoid alcohol.(caffeine can really make it worse)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread