It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
(female)

Rawruth HB User
Unhappy Stomach problems. Age 16 female??

Here's my situation.... I CONSTANTLY feel full. I'm a relatively high stress student, lots of extracurriculars and hard school work. I found that I was missing my period due to stress so I started taking meds for that, and that was all sorted out.

Now, my stomach is constantly uncomfortable. I become full as soon as I have a first bite of food at each meal. I checked my personalized calorie calculator and found I should be eating about 2400 calories for my size and activity level, but I feel as if I'm forcing myself to eat 1500 calories a day.

I got checked for food intolerance (Celiac's, lactose is unlikely) and IBS-don't have either. My mom had h. pylori for a while- could that be it?
Occasionally, when I go to events out of school and sometimes when I have a break, this problem goes away, which makes me think it could be due to stress.

No matter the cause, WHAT CAN I DO? I find it so frustrating because I'm always wanting to eat but I can never stomach anything.

Also, I often feel tired and lethargic but don't ever lose weight. If I don't eat for a little while, my digesting feels as if it has basically stopped.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Ruth

Last edited by Rawruth; 05-24-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Closed Thread