It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
(male)

annmarie07725 HB User
Hematoma

I was in a car accident on the 19th and my car flipped four times I have a head injury. A hematoma and I am feeling pressure between my nose and right eye, it feels like sinus pressure, should I be concerned?

Old 05-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Hematoma

that would really depend upon alot of real possible underlying factors here and what exacting types of real testing was performed post MVA while at the ER? what were the results as far as other potential injuries, including the brain? and just exactly where IS that hematoma actually located(and how large is it) precisely? that would matter too. were you hopefully also belted in when this occured? what other types of real injuries were found? were you knocked out at ALL for ANY length of time?

also knowing just what types of real scanning was done(and what body areas exactly were scanned) would really help too here. in most cases, esp with ANY real type of MVA as the underlying reason for the scan at all, they will NOT usually routinely even do any MRIs only because of a very real risk of there just being some type of metal that ended up bing pushed into/embedded your body somewhere(cannot always even see it depending)? they just do not want to risk that so they will in most cases only do that CT initially and if really needed, after further evalution/more in depth hands on palpation/looking, then do any needed MRIs then.

depending upon just what the answers to the questions i asked up there, i would really be able to actually help YOU better knowing those answers? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread