It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 AM   #1
(female)

berriepie HB User
swollen hands

yesterday my hands were pretty tight but this morning i noticed my fingers are quite swollen and stiff. they feel really weird. i have no idea whats causing it and im really worried. i dont eat too much salt, drink plenty of water. ive started exercising more and eating healthier the past couple of days.

i moved back to my parents house a couple of days ago and after the first nights sleep i woke up really sore. i had a rash a couple of days ago too but i thought it was just from being in the sun for the first time in a while. i am a 20 y/o female.

any suggestions? i know rash + swelling may be due to an allergic reaction or something? but the rash has gone away. i am a real worrier so this is not boding well thanks

Old 05-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

berriepie HB User
Re: swollen hands

anyone with any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

Is the swelling your whole hand/fingers or just the joints of your fingers/knuckles? If you press gently with your finger tip on the swollen area, does it make a dent ("pitting edema"), or does it spring back?

It could be an allergic reaction from something in the house or even a bug bite, or edema from some other cause, or an arthritic reaction to a virus. Viral illnesses often cause rashes, called "viral exanthem" and can cause arthritis . . . http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000416.htm

Old 05-31-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
(female)

berriepie HB User

it is not a noticeable swelling, my skin springs back to normal. my knees and calves hurt too, aswell as my arms. i thought it might be flu but i have no other flu symptoms except the muscle aches and joint pain throughout my body. also have some chest discomfort.

thank you for the reply

Old 04-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
(female)

sunsideup HB User

you should get to a rheumatologist if your symptoms persist. I had something similar, came on suddenly. thought it was Parvo virus (positive), Lyme (neg), whatever I could think of. turned out to be a rare autoimmune thingy. totally under control with meds, but early action is the key. good luck!

Old 04-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

You might have sun poisoning. You mentioned you hadn't been in the sun in a while. Did you get a sunburn?

Closed Thread