It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
(female)

catswa HB User
how long will it take to walk comfortably after breaking 2nd 3rd and 4th metatarsals?

So about 5 weeks ago I was riding bikes with my friend when I looked back to talk to her for two seconds and my wheel got stuck between the sidewalk and grass and I fell, breaking my 2nd 3rd and 4th metatarsals...
I did not need surgery but I was put in a six week fiberglass cast. I get my cast off june 7th which I'm super excited about after not being able to walk for so long! I did use crutches for the first two weeks but since my schools a frikin mall and I was getting bloodblisters on my hands and sides I just gave up and started using a wheelchair instead.
So basically I was wondering about how long it will take me to be able to walk normally again(since I was reading these forums and ppl with only 1 broken metatarsal took like 1 year to fully heal). I am getting a boot for four weeks after getting my cast off by the way. Do you think I will be able to march (marching band) by the end of summer (august 2nd) or will it still probably hurt to walk?
Sorry so many questions but I really need more opinions on this from people who've gone through the same or similar things.

Please help!
Thanks,
Catherine

Old 05-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: how long will it take to walk comfortably after breaking 2nd 3rd and 4th metatars

You might be OK by then. I had a stress fracture of the 4th met one time - about mid-August. It was well into November before I was walking properly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread