It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
(female)

PlumPudding HB User
Unhappy Stomach Pain when hungry

Hey, I'm a 19 year old girl. For a year now, I have had really bad stomach pain when I don't eat for a long time. I get hungry, and then it turns into this really sharp pain--it's right below my ribs and lower. Sometimes it hurts to even stand/sit up straight and all I can do is quick eat something and bend over till the pain goes away, which can be 30 minutes +. If I stretch or breathe too deeply, it feels as though something's stretching and about to tear.

Is this an ulcer? I went to the doctor and described this and she said I should probably just eat more often. But it gets so bad that I can't move--or don't want to, rather. And eating "often" means every 2 or 3 hours or the pain starts to come, which is really annoying.

Any help would me much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
(female)

xiscoolio HB User
Re: Stomach Pain when hungry

I am 19 too and I get the same problem. When I don't eat for more than three or four hours I can get these horrible pains that are so bad that I can barely get anything down. It is almost paralyzing. I am also a pretty tiny person. I only weight 90 lbs. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Or maybe you are the same way and that could help figure this problem out. Drinking coffee that is too strong makes me have heartburn. But other then that I don't really have issues with my stomach.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
(female)

PlumPudding HB User

Hmm, yeah I am kind of small. I'm 100 lbs.

If you figure anything out, be sure to let me know! haha

Old 05-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
(female)

Haltor HB User

Funny, I'm a 19 yr old girl as well having the same problems. If I let myself get hungry I get really strong stomach pain that won't go away. It makes it very hard to stand up straight and if I stretch my stomach at all (ie. Lean back) it makes the pain worse. In the past I've eaten a lot at once to try and fill up my stomach in hopes of that changing things but it didn't help at all.

I was sure it was an ulcer but I got tests done and everything ws negative. My doctor's best guess right now is that it's this thing where you have the symptoms of an ulcer but there's nothing really there, and he just told me to eat often and only bland foods. I'm sure he's missing something though, if either of you make any headway on this I'd love to hear about it.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
(male)

vivekchauhan HB User

When I don't eat for more than three or four hours I can get these horrible pains that are so bad that I can barely get anything down. It is almost paralyzing. I am also a pretty tiny person. I only weight 90 lbs.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

saykhan HB User

I am also feel these horrible pain when i don't eat more than four or five hours. I am 95 lbs.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
(female)

Haltor HB User

I'm Not particularly small, 5'5" and 140... Pretty much average. I did have problems wtb inconsistent/unhealthy eating patterns, I'm wondring if my psuedo eating disorders have something to do with it or not

Old 02-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
(male)

JimmyTheP HB User

Bad news guys, seems most of you are pretty young, well I'm in my early 30s still short, still thin ('round about 115), and still have to eat every few hours or I get horrible pains. My wife says I don't eat so much as I constantly graze.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #9
(female)

rose0023 HB User

Actually everybody is different then the other may be that possible your body need more food and more energy then other person can want that's why it happened with you .So try eat some food after a hour.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #10
(female)

Ninzi HB User

Hi all,
Its so strange that i came across this post.
For the last 2 months iv been trying to get an answer to my random stomach pain. i too have noticed that it really only happens when im hungry. its like a sharp dart of psin, quiet intense, but mine literally lasts seconds but can occur every few minutes.
iv had blood tests, xray and an ultra sound which were all clear. although i didnt realise an ultra sound dosent examine the stomach or bowel.... which id b more concerned about. sometimes i think its my intestines?!
I think il arrange a ct scan and see can that give any answers.
im 26, i have a pretty good diet but what i eat dosent seem to affect me.
just have to wait and see...

Old 03-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
(female)

snwade HB User

Hi, I am 20 yrs old [female] and have the same problem, only my pains don't get like that until maybe 6 hours of not eating! Which I realize is a long time to go without eating, but again, not everyone gets these awful pains. I am around 100 pounds as well, with a high metabolism. Maybe this has something to do with it?? I hope it's not a health problem, would love to know the answer!!

Old 03-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #12
(female)

Ninzi HB User

Since my last post iv been on zotrole 30mg for a few weeks. it helped somewhat. my problems now are random tummy pains and sometimes with an ache in my lower back. the pains can be quiet intense. i really do think its my intestines and bowel.
my doc put me on the zotrole thinking it may be an ulcer.
very hard to know!
Drives me bananas at times!!

Old 03-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
(female)

Ninzi HB User

Ohh and i also get tingly itchy feelings in my tummy! Sooo strange! I thought maybe parasites... treated for that! No help!

Closed Thread