It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
(male)

mistershorts HB User
Unhappy I need help with lung flutter and back pain

I need honest answers please. Im a single 38 year old male smoker ( Im working on it). I am calling my DR to make an appointment in the morning. I dont know weather it should be an ergent thing or not.
This is whats going on. ONLY when I lay down (day or night) I get a pain in the middle RIGHT side of my back. I also get a flutter or viberation in my right side (lung?) when I breathe. When I sit up its gone. Its there every time and it gets real bad real fast. The pain feels like a sore punch in my back. The flutter is just that, a flutter in my lower lung. It feels like a loose phlem but its not, just feels that way. The flutter is not there on deep breaths only normal breathing. For a few years I felt like there wasnt something right in that lung. I had an X-Ray 2 years ago when I was sick and couldnt breathe too well. They kept me in the hospitol for 4 days. I stopped smoking for a year after that. I went back to smoking a year ago. Now tomorrow is my last day to smoke and I am done. I promised my 5 year old twin boys. I can tell you that it is NOT a spine or nerve issue with my spine. I know what that is and Im well versed with all of that stuff. This gets so bad its like an ache and tight in that spot. It hurts more in my back when I breathe. I dont have any other symptoms that I know of. I have been takeing cholesterol meds for about 4 months as the numbers started going up.
I hope I can get some advise or ideas of what this is. Im sure I will get people telling me "talk to your DR" and "Have an x-ray or CT". I know that. I just want to see if people or DRs on this site tell me what I have in my mind or not. ALSO should I get into my DR right away (tomorrow) or just make an appointment?
I left out that if Im laying on my right side its just as bad as laying on my back. I have to sleep sitting up or on my left side. I have also been very short fused with my kids. Im not sure if my kids are getting out of hand or its me. No temp and I take my blood pressure often with a small home cuff. Right now its 120 over 70 with the pain and flutter.
My history on health is that Im pre-diabetic and my sugar does drop. I have a lot of fat on my liver too. Im 5'11" and my weight is 208 pounds. I stay active but not excersize wise as I am a smoker. I had back surgeries but I dont want to detract from this lung issue. Its not my back. I do snore at night but not too bad. I wake up every night after 20 minuits of sleep for no reason at all (un-related?). I also sweat like a pig at night. I have been doing those 2 things for years.
PLEASE send your thoughts and suggestions if you are a Doctor. I know no one can be sure without seeing me and doing tests but I would like to know even if you cant be sure without tests. Please tell me no matter how crude, hard to take or raw it is.
My tag words below are just that, tage words.
Thank you, mistershorts, Buffalo, NY

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread