It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
(male)

unifiedceo HB User
middle of chest hurts sometimes (like swallowing hard)

greetings,

THE PROBLEM:
For the past 2 days (starting tuesday morning and evolving into today), I have had a weird feeling/pain in the middle of my chest. It started out yesterday as a weird "pressure" feeling in my throat (almost like something was stuck in my throat - was not painful), and now today (and late yesterday) sometimes after I swallow I get the feeling you get when you swallow food and it goes down real hard. This feeling sometimes occurs at random times as well -without swallowing...

WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE THE PROBLEM OCCURRED:
I'm no doctor, however, there are a few things that happened over the past couple of days that MAY be affiliated with the above symptoms.

1) I started a new workout routine on Monday morning and my exercises were chest & triceps. (bench press and other chest workouts etc. and heavy breathing while working out)

2) I had a bit to drink Monday night and I had some pretty serious hiccups for about 15 minutes...

3) my son was congested and coughing over the weekend and I allowed him to sleep in my bed for comfort. (my son is almost 3 years old)

4) I completed p90x (a 90 day, high intense workout program) about a month ago and recently changed my diet. (while doing this program I did not eat grease or fatty foods, however, since completing it, I have been eating foods such as pizza, burgers, fried chicken etc.)

HEALTH CONDITIONS/BACKGROUND
I am 25, I am not overweight, (5'11" and weigh 150lbs), I have no previous chest problems or cardiac issues, I have no diseases or health issues. (outside of frequent headaches)

TIMELINE
WEEKEND: Spent with my son who was congested and coughing with a 99.7 fever.

MONDAY: I started a new chest workout routine in the morning and got pretty drunk at night -which caused me to have some pretty serious hiccups.

TUESDAY: symptoms occurred Tuesday morning; starting with feeling like something was in my throat. (not really a lodged feeling but more of a feeling that when I swallow, air would push back up through my esophagus (spell check)

Tuesday evening the feeling in my throat was gone but moved into the lower middle of my chest. now feeling like a blunt pain when I swallow (about a second after swallowing). the best way to describe it is the feeling you get when you swallow something and it hurts while it is going down (and you feel it in your chest).

WEDNESDAY: Same symptoms as explained above for Tuesday night. No other symptoms at the moment and no feeling sick or coughing etc.

Any help, info or advice would be great. I know that a popular answer is going to be to go see a doctor however, I was hoping for a possible answer without that option due to the fact that I do not have health insurance.

Thank you in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread