It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
(male)

owmyhip HB User
Hip pains

I have a great deal of pain from my right hip. It feels like it is coming from right around where the hip goes into the socket in the pelvis. When I'm still, the pain is about 5/10, when moving it's anywhere from 8/10 (walking) to 9.7/10 (going downstairs, getting in/out of a car). If there's anything else I can tell you please ask. Thanks!

Old 06-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Hip pains

There are a lot of possibilities. My dad's arthritis in his hips caused him a lot of problems getting in and out of cars.

Have you had it checked out? Any diagnostic tests? Even a simple physical exam and x-ray might tell a lot. Ultimately, you probably want to see an orthopedist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
(male)

owmyhip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
There are a lot of possibilities. My dad's arthritis in his hips caused him a lot of problems getting in and out of cars.

Have you had it checked out? Any diagnostic tests? Even a simple physical exam and x-ray might tell a lot. Ultimately, you probably want to see an orthopedist.
I don't think it's arthritis, I'm only 21...
No, it's happened twice in the past (once it wasn't very bad, the other was about this bad and lasted about a day) So I never did anything about it. I haven't had any tests, I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction to save a dr. visit... but that's probably the best thing to do i guess

Old 06-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Okay, you're very young and the pain tends to crop up just for a few hours then go away again. That does not sound like arthritis. Have you tried just stretching it out gently? Or maybe a little ice?

Do you know of anything you might have done before the pain started, anything that might have triggered it?

Old 06-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
(male)

owmyhip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Okay, you're very young and the pain tends to crop up just for a few hours then go away again. That does not sound like arthritis. Have you tried just stretching it out gently? Or maybe a little ice?

Do you know of anything you might have done before the pain started, anything that might have triggered it?
I'd say the pain lasts for about a day or half a day (severe) then after resting it overnight and stretching it the next day is fine.

The pain is gone now so I'm not worried about it as much... just curious as to what exactly is going wrong!

If I try to stretch it out, there is severe and immediate pain, and the more I stretch the worse it gets. Doesn't seem to help. I tried to keep moving to keep it stretched and loose (by taking periodic walks) but it didn't seem to help. After laying still for a while it would feel better. I only used heat, that seemed to help.

It seems that both times it came after having rested my foot on the opposite leg (which put pressure on the affected hip) and having sex for quite a while (thrusting = putting pressure and stressing hip area)

My mom was born with hip displaysia, however I was screened as a baby and supposedly don't have it. also the symptoms don't quite match, so I don't think it's that. THe other thing i was suggested is bursitis, but the pain is more internal (around the hip in the socket, and also a little down through the femur area), so it sounds like it's not that. Thanks for your time

Closed Thread