It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
(female)

Tuscanyandrea HB User
Explosive diahrea and joint pain with rapid weight gain

Help! I have had this for the last several years. It started with just getting D with dark beers and wine.. it progressed into happening daily up to 10 times per day! I have seen a doctor and they have done a biopsy of my upper intestines, esophagus and stomach. They see inflamation but cannot tell me why... At first they thought it may be an intollerance to glutens.. so I cut them out completely and started making my own bread with gluten free flours. But I still got sick but not as often. Then they felt it was an intolerance to yeast. So I have been staying away from yeast. (which is in everything!) I have even taken supplements to try and balance the yeast in my digestive track. I am still getting sick and when I get sick I bloat and get EXTREMELY tired and testy and I find it very hard to concentrate, my mind gets very foggy. We had a family reunion this last weekend and I decided Sunday at the brunch I would eat whatever I wanted (because it never seems to matter anyways) and I didn't get sick even though I ate things I should not have.... PLEASE HELP! I am getting desperate! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! My joints have gotten so sore that I have to lift myself out of bed by holding on to my knee and rocking upwards. I have gained about 50 pounds in one year. I am 5 foot 8 and was 128 -132lbs now I am 175 - 180... and I haven't changed my food intake other than the type of foods that I eat... Oh I get itchy and sometimes I get little dry areas on my skin that I have never had before I also get a burning sensation in my intestine on "my" left side when it is really bad. The food goes through me so fast when I am sick I go to the bathroom within 10 min. of eatting and discard everything I just ate. I also get extremely bad heartburn when I am sick. It seems like after I go to the bathroom the heart burn subsides a little. I also get a cough that comes with the sick times.

Last edited by Tuscanyandrea; 07-20-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: forgot some symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Explosive diahrea and joint pain with rapid weight gain

Were you diagnosed with Celiac Disease, or just gluten intolerance? Have you seen a rheumatologist for your arthritis symptoms? (rheumatologists are very good at diagnosing "mystery" symptoms)

Did you have a colonoscopy?

Sorry for all the questions! I have Celiac (and rheumatoid arthritis) but the "ten times a day" thing sounds like Ulcerative Colitis, and you can get arthritis with UC.

Closed Thread