It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
(female)

terry61 HB User
right side pain around waist line for several months now

For several months now I have been having a pain on my right side around the waistline more front than back area also pressure. Feel kind of tired all the time and sometimes kind of nausaus. Doctor did blood work, CT Scan, MRI shows I have 2 bulging disks so diagnosed as wrap around pain. Did PT for 6 weeks, took anti-inflamatory and muscle for a couple of months. I am also feeling severe muscles aches in lower arm and numbness in hands especially at night. Major hot flashes occuring even after being put on Prozac treatment and taking Black Cohosh and now I am back on Premarin. Nothing is helping with hot flashes, still getting them to the extreme that I just can't cope anymore. Doctor thought hand pain was carpal tunnel suggested I see a hand surgeon but I don't want surgery. I am starting to wonder what is wrong with me, is it all in my head????

Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: right side pain around waist line for several months now

terry61

Ask for a colonoscopy. The cat scan is not the best test for issues with the colon, it only sees the outside of the colon, not the inside.
In terms of the bulging disks--have you been referred to a neurologist. The bulging disks could be sitting on a nerve which would cause the severe muscle aches and and numbness in the hands. (You may also want request an MRI of your head and neck to make sure that you are not having symptoms of MS or some disk problem in your neck). I suffered problems with severe muscle aches and tingling in my hands. I also had neuropathy in both feet along with major swelling in my legs. It turns out that I had a herniated disk at c5-6 which was compressing my spinal cord. I had surgery and when I got up the next day, I felt great. My neurosurgeon still can not answer why the leg swelling improved. Nerves do strange things to our bodies.
Let me know how you do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread