It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
(male)

RANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB UserRANDOL HB User
Nausea, headache, strange smells

Hi im 34 yrs old and had a crainiotomy(surgery on the top of the head) April 2005 along with 6wks of Radiation treatments after for a non-cancerious tumor. I also did 6 wks of Physical Theripy for 6wks to learn how to walk agian with my left leg which i temporary lost the use of from the surgery. Last year i started having strange feeling like i was going to be sick and i got light headed then smelled a strange odor like plastic or rubber was burning followed by a small headace. Since then i have had it happen offten while im sleeping and i wake up to it. I really dont know what it is and one of the times it happened my wife and my mother was in the family room watching a movie and i asked if they smelled anything and they said no so i havent made a Dr. appoint yet but wanted to see if anyone has had any symptoms like this before,anything will help........Thanks for reading yall Oh p.s. im also a cancer surviver of Leukemia since 1985,mabe knowing this it may help to find the problem, Thanks again

Last edited by RANDOL; 10-12-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Adding forgotten info

Old 10-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
(male)

Re: Nausea, headache, strange smells

Is there anyone have any clues to my problem in my Thread?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Randol

I would suggest that you make an appointment with the neurosurgeon who did your original surgery. Once they hear the symptoms that you are experiencing, he/she may be able to determine if it is something to worry about, something to watch, or they may simple tell you that you are experiencing common side effects from your past treatments. Symptoms that have been going on for well over a year need to be investigated.
Please let me know how you are doing

Old 10-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
(male)

Thanks for the support, i have already consulted with them and i am waiting to see when i could get an appointment and get away from school to go see the Dr. but its kinda hard to do that lol, im taking a class for CNA and its all paid for and i cant miss any days till after 10 days the class started,which means i could get dropped from the class. Anyways thanks again Brenda and hope everything on your side is well......

Closed Thread