It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
(female)

Angiebeth0213 HB User
seizures leading to rage blackouts

my nephew had his first seizure 3 months ago. in the middle of his sleep, he went into a seizure and then came out of it in a rage. he was awake, but not aware. he was very violent and had to be subdued by the parimedics (who he tried to attack)

once alert and aware, he had no recollection of his rage or seizure. he went to the hospital and had 2 more seizures within 24 hours.

he was seizure free for 3 months until last week when he had another seizure in his sleep, also leading to another blackout. he seemed awake, but his words were slurred and he took off walking around the apartment complex trying to get into peoples cars and apts for almost 10 minutes before he finally came to. he asked where he was and what had happened.

he has seen many doctors, taken seizure meds (which make him very sick and on edge) and taken a sleep test...he had a minor case of sleep apnea

has anyone else experienced this? what is the cause and how can it be treated? any help is welcome, thanks so much!

Old 11-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: seizures leading to rage blackouts

Angiebeth0213: There are alot of reason for seizures and there are also alot of people that have seizures that doctors can't pinpoint the reason for them happening. It's electrical disturbances in the brain. In a woman it can even be from hormone problems.

Some of the triggers of seizures are: stress, lack of sleep, fluorescent lights, strobe lights, caffeine, plastics, chemicals, smoking, electromagnetic fields (cell phones, cordless phones, computers, TV, video games, nintendo, etc.)

See if you can get to a doctor that can get his neurotransmitters tested. A more natural doctor might help in that area. I also had a toxic/non-toxic element test done. From that I learned that I was low in magnesium and selenium. There are other vitamins that can be taken to try to help with this. Vit B6 and B12, B12 helps with the stress. When I had my neurotransmitters tested I found out I was low in something called Taurine. Later I learned that taurine is lowered in the body by ASPARTAME!!!!!!!!!!!! Does he eat/drink alot of foods with that in it?

Another thing to look into is whether or not he might have hypoglycemia. Low blood sugars could sometimes cause a seizure.

My honest opinon of this the more I talk to people and see how many people have this is that it's all environmental. The toxins that we are exposed to are messing with our brains. I haven't been able to tolerate being around perfume, cigarettes, gasoline, exhaust fumes, wood smoke and more. Soy is another problem - especially for women. Our food supply is being inundated with soy. It's in tuna, mayonnaise, and alot of foods.

See if you can get an allergy test done on him to see if he's allergic to anything. I was told that I was allergic to milk, tomatos and sugar!!!!! What it's doing to me I have no clue, but it's possible that it could be adding to these seizures.

I ended up going to see an endocrinologist and having my hormones checked and I found out that I was estrogen dominant. I know he's not a woman but men still have estrogen, and our meat supply is loaded with hormones. Hormone control your brain more than you know. An endocrinologist will check more things than a neurologist. A neurologist is only trained to give meds for this.

There is also another avenue that could be looked at if none of the above is the cause. There's a thing called a Vagus Nerve Stimulator. Investigate it. It's implanted into the body just like a pacemaker. Then there's always brain surgery if anything is found on an MRI.

Go over to the epilepsy board and see if you can find an further information that might be helpful to you. I"m sorry this is so long. I hope I didn't overwhelm you. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to 92261 For This Useful Post:
Angiebeth0213 (11-05-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
(female)

Angiebeth0213 HB User
Re: seizures leading to rage blackouts

Thank you so much for the information it was very helpful. I will look into all of this for him. Your time you spent to give me all that information is very appreciated.

Closed Thread