It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
(male)

blanblackbloo HB User
Benign tumor on knee

I have a benign tumor on the left side of my right knee. It's below and to the left of my knee cap and is about an inch long and sticks out about half an inch. A doctor looked at it when i was about 13 but i'm now 19. The doctor said it was benign and i should get it checked back up when i stoped growing. I don't have health insurance at the moment and i'm wondering if anyone has any information about it.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Benign tumor on knee

just curious as to a couple things here. WERE you at one time covered under your parents actual health ins coverage til you reached like 18 or 19? or were you never on it? i am only asking since last year obama actually signed a new law that actually guarentees dependant children CAN stay on their parents health ins til the age of 26? it used to mostly be age 22. thats whay i am asking.

but whtever it actually is that you have going on there REALLY does need a good look and eval by another doc other than the one who told you it was a tumor and to also WAIT on actually 'doing' anything to it, like possibley haveing removed it back when you were younger?

just becasue one primary doc actually called this a 'tumor' of some kind, does not always mean that THAT is in reality what it actually is? this is ONLY one docs overall opinion, ya know whnat i mean? simply having this better evaled NOW by a completely different doc, even tho you currently do not have ins, really needs to be done just to actually really know for certain what that thing is.

there just can be many other 'possibles" here that can create certain types of actual 'bulges" when it comes to our knees. there just is alot of different types of structures within our knees. the only real way to get a good idea of what this even is would ideally be at least a CT or MRI just to get that really in depth look into its overall make up? was there ever ANY real scanning done on that knee or that area back when it first appeared?

does this 'bulge' actually feel very hard when you push into it, like totally hard and solid(any pain when you do that too) or is there at least some' give' to it upon like pushing a finger or your thumb actually 'into' it? i just remember what I actually had that was behind my R knee years ago that was created by an inner tear of the synovium, which is the 'sac' of fluid that kind of surrounds the inner joint to keep it well lubricated? after this sucker(the sac) simply tore on me somehow without ANY real actual trauma i could have possibly even have done to it, that tiny little 'glob' started to form kind of behind my knee but much closer to the medial or left side? this eventually just got bigger and bigger over years til it finally had to come out and the synovium i tore also having to be sutured back together again too so it(the glob) would not reform again?

has this 'tumor' actually been impairing any of your actual abilities in using that knee in some way, or is this simply 'there" with no real problems except that it simply exists at all? i just really do not understand why that doc even wanted to 'wait' on this instead of simply having this removed right after it was discovered by simply sending you to an ortho surgeon who could have gotten this out with really not that much overall trauma to your knee even back then, just arthroscopically(very simple surgery compared to others)? plus at THIS point in time, you simply also have no ins coverage to fix this now vs then if you were once actually covered?

i really would simply seek out a brand new doc and also obtain ANY AND ALL OF YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS from the old docs office to give to the new doc(and so YOU also can read thru them yourself too) and see what still can be done for you. i would think just having to live with this IN your knee at certain times has been creating certain issues/problems of some kind this whole time, or part of it? you just truely NEED to first, just find out what the overall make up of the bulge actually IS then see what can be done to remove it too. but finding out what this sucker just IS really is a much bigger priority/NEED here before anything else can be done 'to" it?

possibly even using the ultrasound may show something more. its just like the cheapest 'type" of inner type scan you can have done, vs the more sophisticated CT or MRI? even and X ray may reveal something more than you know now, or what at least part of this is made up of. alot really depends with x ray, just exactly what ANYTHING really just is made up of. but an US would indeed at least "show' more inner make up and be cheaper(this just is what i would go with if i had no ins right now). unless the doc you happen to see already knows just from their own experiences just what this would more than likely be? ya never know just what any given primary just may know depending upon exactly what they have seen and dealt with over years of seeing many many different patients with many different conditions would just show(and educate to) them. hopefully this is something less impactful than what you were merely told by that other doc. was there EVER any type of actual scan done actually directly ON that area of the knee with that bulge by this other doc who 'pronounced' this a tumor?

has that bulge actually grown at all since it first showed itself when you were only 13? any real pain at all? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread