It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
(female)

charlotte71 HB User
help with MRI Diagnosis.

L1 L2 Small right posterior lateral disk osteophyte complex, causing minimal right lateral recess narrowing without nerve root compromise. Mild bilateral facet arthropathy and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy without spinal stenosis (thank goodness).
L2 L3 Minimal bilateral facet arthropathy. Normal disc. Patent spinal canal and neural foramina.
L3 L4 Mild to moderate left and mild right facet arthropathy. Minimal broad-based degenerative disk bulge inducing minimal bilateral neural foraminal narrowing without exiting nerve root compromise. Patent spinal canal.
L4 L5 Mild to Moderate bilateral facet arthropathy and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy. Very mild broad-based degenerative disk bulge inducing minimal bilateral neural foraminal narrowing without exiting nerve root compromise. No spinal stenosis.
L5 S1 No significant disk protrusion or bulge. Mild bilateral facet arthropathy and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy. Patent Neural foramina, spinal canal, and lateral recesses.

I have extreme lower back pain, pain that radiates down the legs from time to time, pain some days into my tail bone. I know I feel the pain, but the doctors are telling me there isn't any reason for my pain, can anyone help me understand this MRI so I know what to ask the doctor also. My doctor says

Old 11-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: help with MRI Diagnosis.

charlotte71

Your pain is coming from the L1-L2 from a piece of disk that is sitting on a nerve root. You also have what I believe is extensive lumbar arthritis.
I had this problem about six weeks ago and I was given some steriods to help reduce the swelling and I have been doing some physical therapy that includes lumbar traction, massage and heat with electic stimulation. The therapy has greatly reduced the discomfort.
I hope I have help answering your question.

The Following User Says Thank You to shisslak For This Useful Post:
JNCOWENS (11-24-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
(female)

JNCOWENS HB User
Unhappy Re: help with MRI Diagnosis.

This is Charlotte71, I was also wondering what kind of doctor should I see now, I have seen a neurosurgeon and he is saying I shouldn't be in pain, I am and I want to get a second opinion.
Thank you also that information has helped me so much, at least if I understand why I feel this pain I can deal with it. Your an
Most of the time I feel like with all the information I read about.

Closed Thread