It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
(male)

Slickie HB User
Pilonidal cyst? Bleeding butt. :(

Warning: Topic is about my butt. Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

So yesterday I went to the bathroom for #2. Everything was fine. I felt absolutely no pain or discomfort. In fact, I was reading and having a grand time of it. When I wipe, however, I was incredibly distressed to see the wad of toilet paper was absolutely covered in bright red blood.

I panicked. It took me a minute to calm down. I wiped again. Less blood, but still quite a lot.

I decide to take a loot at my butt. I am not a flexible person. I am lucky I didn't crack my spine doing this.

Using toilet paper and a mirror, I was able to verify that the blood was NOT coming from my anus. There was no blood in the stool either. The source of the blood was a small hole about 1 to 2 inches above my anus. I had never seen it before.

There was no pain throughout any of this, except when I dabbed at the hole with the toilet paper. It stung very slightly. A little calmer, I drew a warm bath and sat in it for a while. I gently washed the affected area and calmed down.

Once I was doing better, I googled the symptoms and I'm fairly certain I have a pilonidal cyst now. I'm just confused - 99.9% of all the accounts of these cysts I read mention pain and pus coming out of the cyst. I have zero pain, but I bled quite a lot last night. I'm worried this might be a sign mine is worse than others. Pus is one thing, blood from inside my body is another.

Today I had a bowel movement and there was only some pink on the toilet paper. Certainly an improvement, but still...I don't want to bleed anymore.

Has anyone had an issue like this? Is there anything I can do myself as a first option before I go see a doctor? I don't have insurance and I only have just enough money to stay fed and keep my home. I am really poor.

I'm going to give this a week to get better. If it doesn't, I'll go see a doctor, but until then what can I do? Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
(female)

chatty kathy HB User
Re: Pilonidal cyst? Bleeding butt. :(

with no insurance and low financial resources, would you be eligible for medicaid? some states have a medically needy program for those who don't qualify for "full" medicaid.

your cyst (if that what is, and it does sound very much like it from your description) may not have yet have formed an abscess (which is when the pus would start to form). so, it sounds as though you may have caught it in the early stages, i.e. while it is still draining and not yet "walled off". one treatment is for the doctor to lance the cyst and then pack it with gauze, with the patient needing to change the gauze packing frequently at home. if it doesn't resolve, sometimes surgery is needed to excise the cyst.

keep the area as clean and dry as you can until you see a doctor.

Last edited by chatty kathy; 12-24-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Closed Thread