It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
(female)

NotaLion HB User
Feel something hard in left lower abdomen.

I feel something hard, like a mass or lump, in my lower left abdomen, just to the inside of the hipbone area. It kind of feels like there's a rock in there. I can only feel it while lying flat on my back and pressing down on my stomach with a decent amount of pressure. But there is definitely something there.

I'm looking for ideas on what it could be.

It's been there for months-- I first noticed it awhile ago but dismissed it. I noticed it again last week and have felt for it every day-- still there.

I have a doctor's appointment next week and will post again, but wondered if anyone reading this has had something similar.

Occasionally, I feel some mild fleeting pain in the area.

Thanks for any ideas.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User
Re: Feel something hard in left lower abdomen.

Ask the doctor for sure but it may only be a fatty lipoma. Fatty lipomas are common and harmless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
(female)

NotaLion HB User
Re: Feel something hard in left lower abdomen.

Okay, the doctor felt it and said she felt what I felt but it didn't feel "pathological." She thought it might be hard lumps of waste in my intestines. I suspected it was (my bm's are almost always hard, unfortunately, no matter what I do) but am surprised it was so easy to feel just by pressing on the belly. She did an ultrasound and didn't see anything unusual or see inflammation. I think it probably is just the bowels and that's why I noticed it awhile ago (it was more prominant that day) and then forgot about it for awhile (as it went away when stuff moved down the bowel), and now it was back and easy to feel again, and I noticed it again.

The Following User Says Thank You to NotaLion For This Useful Post:
blahblahblahb (08-06-2011)
Closed Thread