It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 05:22 AM   #1
(male)

ckchew8 HB User
Constant vertigo, heart palpitation

Hello there everyone! i'm new to this forum and i hope i can get along with you all I'm 22 years of age and i have been experiencing the following:

1) constant vertigo, vertigo may worsen at times (cause unknown)
2) heart palpitation (i can hear my heart beating and i can feel the two nerves on my neck beating as well)
3) i have been experiencing sinus problems all my life
4) Occasionally i have slight eye ache behind my eyes
5)i cannot pop my right ear when my nose is block, when i blow the blocked nose, i can feel the air coming out of the blocked right ear

Prior to this (before this problem appeared), i completed my internship which requires me to be in front of the computer (3 months) at least 8-12 hours per day.

So far i have seen 2 ENTs and both said there's nothing wrong on their side. This is really bogging me down as i'm in the final year as when the vertigo worsen, then i cannot concentrate. Also, i noticed that sometimes when i get real hungry, my heart beat increases and the vertigo worsens but sometimes it does not. I have been taking stugeron, aerius, gingko biloba but it does not seem to have any effect on me. occasionally i have headache on my temple but it's just for a short while...also i do have occasional ear pain out of the blues. Sometimes when my nose is blocked, i can feel my right ear is blocked and "tight" but one thing is for sure, vertigo is always there...normally it doesn't really impede daily activity but when it worsens i have to either walk around or lying down sometimes might help (but if heart palpitation is present, i can rest cause i can practically feel my heart pounding in my head via the 2 nerve on my neck)...previously, when i was cleaning my ear with cotton bud, i felt sharp pain which caused the right temple ache(when the cotton bud was touching the walls of the right ear, but the problem disappear after a few days)

could it be spinal problem?
or sinus infection (during the 3 months duration, i have 2 bouts of fever which lasts for a day, accompanied by green mucus-took antibiotics twice already)
heard problem?
ear problem?
or any other problems?

anyone with the same symptoms please do share...the daily symptoms would be constant vertigo and heart palpitations...i'm only 22 and i do not have insurance...i have aheart rate+ blood pressure machine at home which i found that they are normal (heart rate=80-85 range, average bp 110/60)what should i do next? i've read a lot of articles of people suffering from this but no solution was found...any kind soul please do help!

Last edited by ckchew8; 01-23-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
(male)

shahram26 HB User
Re: Constant vertigo, heart palpitation

Hi,
I hope you are feeling better and have already found the reason for your condition, I am experiencing the exact same symptoms for about 2 weeks now, the description you wrote is an exact match (word by word) to what I have been experiencing, the right ear, the palpitation the constant vertigo and how the stomach is directly linked to it and I also had high temperature once or twice. I went to emergency 4 times during the first week and they thought I am having anxiety attack, until my doctor diagnosed me with vertigo, but I think the underlying problem for vertigo maybe related to an infection that requires antibiotics and must be treated quickly. My doctor gave me a tablet called serc8 which has not had any effect on me and the vertigo getting worst.
It would be very helpful if you can let me know if you are over this condition and if so what was the diagnosis at the end? And what medicine was prescribed to you? I would be grateful if you can let me know as soon as you read this. Many many thanks..
Sharam

Old 07-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
(female)

RINGING EARS HB User

hi,i have problems with both ears.Bilateral tinnitus and dizzy spells that cause me to be sick and feel sick. i take Serc16 and Buccastem. I get room spins but ENT think i have menieres but as hearing ok think its VN. Do you get migraines as that can cause vertigo and can have it with out headaches.Could also be due to working and focusing on a computer for long spells.Does sound like motion sickness and vertigo. Might be worth getting eyes tested also.Luv RINGING EARS

Old 12-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
(male)

ckchew8 HB User

Hi Sharam and Ringing, thanx for your sincere reply...i'm sorry for the super late reply as i didn't notice that there waas a reply on my post at all...sharam, i'm not sure how i can help but so far i have done 2 things, 1 would be blood work on my thyroid testing particularly for T3 and T4, which fortunately was normal. This includes the ordinary tests...now, i have scheduled to check my eyes and also MRI and i will get back to you asap...i honestly think i have computer vision syndrome but not sure whether it will give rise to heart palpitation and vertigo...but i noticed one thing...if i don't strain my eyes, there will be no double vision but if i do strain my eyes, the have difficulty refocusing to near objects and also double vision (esp with bright text and dark background) can be observed...what about you? did you discover anything? what is this about infection? the ENTs did all those test and said nothing is wrong...i have slight tinnitus on the days my sinus gets worse (high pitch "eee" sound)...i would sincerely hope that you find the cure to this, but hang in there buddy! you're not alone

Closed Thread