It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
(male)

novascotiaguy HB User
lost weight too fast ?

ok this is my first post so i hope its right ... i do know it will be a littlke jumbel and jumpin around

15 days ago i weighed in at 375 ... im 6'3 and in a size 48-50 pants ... now in the 15 days i lost 37 pounds ... after the weight loss i still feel the same and never noticed a diffrent"s in pant size... so what i want to know is..
1 is this healthy?
2 should i notice a change in pants size/should there be a change
3 did i loose weight to fast ?

befor i started to loose weight i was eating approx 5000-6000 calleries a day ..now im eating about 1000-1200... as for exercising my job requiers for me to walk around 4 hours aday

what my goal/target is ....
i want to get to 320-330 then start working out to bench my own weight

with working out with weights is there cirtian things that should be included in your diet ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: lost weight to fast ?

37 pounds and no change in pants size? I would consider the possibility of at least part of the change in weight being measurement error. Did you check your weight on the same scale at the same time of day? With such drastic changes in your eating and exercise habits, I would expect some weight loss, but to lose 10% of your body weight in 15 days is a lot.

Just be sure that your current diet is nutritionally adequate. 1000 calories is a good weight loss diet for a petite middle aged woman, for you, it might be too low, leading to a drop in metabolism and to loss of muscle mass.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
(female)

grannydrums HB User

no health expert here but very interested in diet and eating. I would say its a mistake, different time of day, different clothes, misread the scales etc.

I would advise you not to have such a drastic calorie reduction, it is good to see weight coming off quickly, but your body cannot manage if you are starving yourself, it is much better to take it slowely and eat healthy food.It might take longer to get to your desired weight but it will be easier to keep the weight off. You must of heard of yo-yo dieters, all people who lost it too quickly. Why not start weights now before you reach your target. That will help turn fat into muscle. If you dont want to be seen in gym yet you could get some hand weights or kettle bells and work out at home. Good luck with it all, it takes will power and perseverance and a firm sight on where you want to be at the end of it.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:36 AM   #4
(male)

Galvin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by novascotiaguy View Post
ok this is my first post so i hope its right ... i do know it will be a littlke jumbel and jumpin around

15 days ago i weighed in at 375 ... im 6'3 and in a size 48-50 pants ... now in the 15 days i lost 37 pounds ... after the weight loss i still feel the same and never noticed a diffrent"s in pant size... so what i want to know is..
1 is this healthy?
2 should i notice a change in pants size/should there be a change
3 did i loose weight to fast ?

befor i started to loose weight i was eating approx 5000-6000 calleries a day ..now im eating about 1000-1200... as for exercising my job requiers for me to walk around 4 hours aday

what my goal/target is ....
i want to get to 320-330 then start working out to bench my own weight

with working out with weights is there cirtian things that should be included in your diet ?
Hello dear member, You should check your weight again. If your weight really loss 37 pounds than surely there is a decrease of the pant waise and if there is really 4 hour walk on daily basis and have diet foods than you loss much weight..... Have a look upon your diet and weight again.........

Old 02-19-2011, 03:18 AM   #5
(male)

Galvin HB User
Re: lost weight too fast ?

Will you really check correctly your bodily weight.......????

Last edited by Galvin; 02-19-2011 at 03:18 AM.

Closed Thread