It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

Rlrenew HB User
Lump on shoulder Lipoma

The last three months I have noticed a lump on my left shoulder.The lump is large and soft. What the heck? Looks like I am gowing another shoulder. I think it may have been there and it was really little in the past, however in the last three months it has grown to the size of a golf ball. At first there was no pain. As it gets bigger my arm has been hurting, it feels like a muscular cramp down my arm and also on my upper back. I think it is pushing on muscle or nerves. I went to the orthopedic surgeon, just two weeks ago, went for an MRI and he said it may be a Lipoma. I am having it removed in three weeks. I deceided to have it removed because these arm cramps are pretty painful against my nerves. I new someone who's lipoma has grown and taken over muscle tissue, since this is getting bigger and bigger fast, I want to remove it. It just does not feel right leaving it there.
Does anyone have a shoulder Lipoma? Did you have muscular pain?
Does anyone know the recovery time after this procedure? Kind of worried.

March 2011,
Having the mass removed in a week and a half. from my shoulder. It is kind of big and itches around the edges. I am having pains down my arm, doctor told me do not raise my arm over my head.I will be knocked out for the surgery. They will send it out for a biopsy. I am glad I am getting this thing out, I just don't think that should be left in there. I mean in three months is has grown that size of a gold ball.

Last edited by Rlrenew; 03-10-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
(female)

Rlrenew HB User
Re: Lump on shoulder Lipoma

[QUOTE=Rlrenew;4690160]The last three months I have noticed a lump on my left shoulder.The lump is large and soft. What the heck? Looks like I am gowing another shoulder. I think it may have been there and it was really little in the past, however in the last three months it has grown to the size of a golf ball. At first there was no pain. As it gets bigger my arm has been hurting, it feels like a muscular cramp down my arm and also on my upper back. I think it is pushing on muscle or nerves. I went to the orthopedic surgeon, just two weeks ago, went for an MRI and he said it may be a Lipoma. I am having it removed in three weeks. I deceided to have it removed because these arm cramps are pretty painful against my nerves. I new someone who's lipoma has grown and taken over muscle tissue, since this is getting bigger and bigger fast, I want to remove it. It just does not feel right leaving it there.
Does anyone have a shoulder Lipoma? Did you have muscular pain?

March 2011,
Having the mass removed in a week and a half. from my shoulder. It is kind of big and itches around the edges. I am having pains down my arm, doctor told me do not raise my arm over my head.I will be knocked out for the surgery. They will send it out for a biopsy. I am glad I am getting this thing out, I just don't think that should be left in there. I mean in three months is has grown that size of a golf ball.

Late March 2011
Had Lipoma removed It's been 7 days.. Back at work , had it done on a Wed. went back on Monday. I am glad I did it. I was knocked out for the entire operation, woke up and it was done. Nothing to worry about, they control any pain when you wake up. I was in and out of the Hospital in 4 hours. Little pain after the operation, real tired for the next day and a half, from the anastesia. The procedure itself took 20 mins.The surgeon said it came out in 1 solid mass. I have to wear a bandage on my shoulder for a few weeks. The operation was easy.I was real tired after. Only had to take the pain meds they gave me for a couple of days, switched to asprin. Glad to get that thing out, it was worth it, to prevent any future issues. They stiched it up on the inside of the cut, then place this clear tape to hold it closed, they told me to leave that tape on until it falls off. Allso keep it covered with a large bandage on top with a little gause for padding. However have to change the large bandaid on top. Was nervous about nothing. VERY little pain after. It should not be there, very happy I removed it!!!! I don't think that should have stayed in my body. Easy!!!!!! It was a breeze!!!!!!
Short recovery, little pain, and would not be nervous!!

Last edited by Rlrenew; 03-30-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
(female)

Rlrenew HB User

Yes, just a few days ago. It was out patiant. It was so easy. I am glad I did it. I get results in a couple of days. Easy recovery. Have you found any info on how Lipoma's start? The doctor says they do not have a reason. I have read a little on line that consuming product that your body cannot digest collects in these lumps. Not sure it this is true. I do have an issue were I cannot eat lactose, beef, or pork product. It just does not digest so I just don't consume them anymore. Makes you wonder...Well who knows.
Found out after had I had my lipoma removed, a relative also had a Lipoma removed and it did come out positive for Hodgkins. Maybe she had both the Lipoma and Hodgkins going on separately in her body and that is just how they found it, when they removed it. Doctor says this is was a very rare situation.

Last edited by Rlrenew; 03-30-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
(female)

Texa HB UserTexa HB User

I think about 3 years ago I had the beginnings of a Lipoma. It was a tiny mass near my shoulder blade, about the size of a wad of chewing gum I guess. I was itching and growing.
As soon as I noticed it I spoke to my surgeon about it. He said it was nothing to worry about but if it bothered me he would remove it. I waited a month to see if it would disappear, it didn't. I asked him to get it out, it was bothersome with all the itching. He took it out in his office in under 10 minutes. I was glad to have it removed too!

I am glad you got yours taken care of! No need to have something yucky like that growing inside you LOL!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
(female)

Rlrenew HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlrenew View Post
The last three months I have noticed a lump on my left shoulder.The lump is large and soft. What the heck? Looks like I am gowing another shoulder. I think it may have been there and it was really little in the past, however in the last three months it has grown to the size of a golf ball. I went to the orthopedic surgeon, just two weeks ago, went for an MRI and he said it may be a Lipoma. I am having it removed in three weeks. I deceided to have it removed
Does anyone have a shoulder Lipoma?

March 2011,
Having the mass removed in a week and a half. from my shoulder. It is kind of big and itches around the edges. I am glad I am getting this thing out, I just don't think that should be left in there. I mean in three months is has grown that size of a gold ball.

Last edited by Rlrenew; 10-04-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Closed Thread