It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
(female)

Nanimal HB User
burning,swollen finger tips

Drs. haven't a clue as to why my finger tips on my left hand are red, swollen and feel like they have been burned which, I haven't. Very painful.. Anyone have any information on these symptoms?

Old 03-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: burning,swollen finger tips

What kind of Drs. looked at it and how long has it been going on? Are you on any medication that this could be a side effect from?

Little more info. needed please...JJ....

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
Nanimal (03-24-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Do a web search on Erythromelalgia and see if you can relate to it.

Best regards...JJ...

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
Nanimal (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
(female)

Nanimal HB User

I saw my general practitioner. Had blood work done today. Have a appt scheduled with a cardiologist Monday. Also a echocardiogram scheduled. General Drs thought ....could be bacterial blood infection which could be affecting heart valves which could be affecting blood flow to extremities.

The following user gives a hug of support to Nanimal:
JJ (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
(female)

Nanimal HB User

I googled and this sounds more likely than the heart thing.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well I'm glad your getting checked out, especially with a Cardio Dr. Sometimes we can get the weirdest syptoms for different things then other people do.

Hubby had some very slight chest pressure just before Thanksgivng and attributed it to a cold we both had, but also had some shortness of breath, but not the usual symptoms you hear about with any heart attack. Although I made him stay in bed all day saturday he still didn't feel much better sunday morning. I told him to get dressed...we were going to the VA ER.

They kept him overnight for observation even though the EKG..chest X-ray..blood work was fine, as they wanted to do a stress test on monday morning. During the night his Troponin level went up indicating a problem. They skipped the stress test and went right for an Angioplasty and found a blocked artery. Dr. said had he waited another week he could have had a full blown heart attack. Luckily there was NO damage to his heart...

Always look into things if your not feeling right, as one never knows. Please keep us posted how the tests go.

My very best of wishes for a find of nothing serious...JJ...

Old 03-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanimal View Post
I googled and this sounds more likely than the heart thing.
What little I read I guess it is pretty rare and Drs. aren't all that familiar with it. Make sure when you go to the Dr. mention that you looked it up to see what he/she says.

All the best to you...JJ...

Old 04-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
(female)

Nanimal HB User

update;
March 28 had echocardiogram. Approx 1 min into exam tech found a 2"x5" tumor in my heart (arterial myxoma) Admitted to hosp immediately. Heart cath done....open heart surgery preformed Wed March 30..ICU....released April 2...recouping at home as I type.
Arterial myxoma very rare and drs dont know why they occur..No family history.
I should be a 100% in a couple of months. I am in very good health(ie: blood pressure/weight) and have NO heart disease and no value issues. Walk in clinic Dr I saw a few days before echo made a good(saved my life) call. I have since called and thanked her for following up with me..
Moral of story...if you have some weird stuff going on out of the clear blue sky...get it checked out and follow through with what the dr ordereds. I thought seeing a cardiologist for my burning tingling fingers was a little over kill...but, did as the dr ordered and am alive because of it....

good health and peace to all....
as Sonny and Cher sang " and the beat goes on"

Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 AM   #9
(female)

Nanimal HB User

update;
March 28 had echocardiogram. Approx 1 min into exam tech found a 2"x5" tumor in my heart (arterial myxoma) Admitted to hosp immediately. Heart cath done....open heart surgery preformed Wed March 30..ICU....released April 2...recouping at home as I type.
Arterial myxoma very rare and drs dont know why they occur..No family history.
I should be a 100% in a couple of months. I am in very good health(ie: blood pressure/weight) and have NO heart disease and no value issues. Walk in clinic Dr I saw a few days before echo made a good(saved my life) call. I have since called and thanked her for following up with me..
Moral of story...if you have some weird stuff going on out of the clear blue sky...get it checked out and follow through with what the dr ordereds. I thought seeing a cardiologist for my burning tingling fingers was a little over kill...but, did as the dr ordered and am alive because of it....

good health and peace to all....
as Sonny and Cher sang " and the beat goes on"

The following user gives a hug of support to Nanimal:
JJ (04-10-2011)
Old 04-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the update. So it did turn out to be a heart issue. I'm glad to hear things have been taken care of and yes, sounds like that gal did all the right things....good for her and you.

As I told you, hubby kept blaming his problems on his cold but I just knew something wasn't right, so off we went to the VA ER, and his also was heart related. I think he kind of knew but really was hoping it wasn't. JMHO

You take good care and stay well...JJ...

Old 04-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi want to send pictures as an attatchment? Sometimes fungal, bacterial or viral infections occur, arthritis or Raynaud problems or who knows what all else. Sometimes certain activities cause things in the skin, of course the dermatologist can make a person more sure what it is.

Closed Thread