It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
(male)

MEEKS HB User
Elevated White Blood Cells - How Bad is It?

After seeing the doctor in October of 2010 for dizzy spells, my white blood cell count was 14.2 and my platelette count was 623. After having more dizzy spells and some additional symptoms of pain in the fingers of my right hand, I went back in last month. My white blood ceell count was 14.3 and platelette count was 872 which my doctor calls "moderately increased." He says it's definitely not significant enough to worry about, and that it is most likely related to my stress (very high), or an infection of some kind, but I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and I always take these things to the highest levels. For months now, I have also suspected allergies, as I have been sneezing like crazy and getting very stuffed up at night. has anyone else had similar conditions? Honestly, when I wake up every day, I'm utterly terrified.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Elevated White Blood Cells - How Bad is It?

I really wouldn't worry about it much. I had some blood work done last year and my white count was higher the normal. Dr. said it probably was due to a slight viral infection I had. She checked me a month later and it was within normal range. Stress will drive your system nuts as well. As long as it is moderately high don't be too concerned. Some viral infections take a while to get out of your system, especially this year. Seems whatever cold/virus is going around it takes quite awhile to leave and also keeps coming back.

Feel better, and best of wishes...JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread