It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
(female)

mrb22 HB User
Random numbness

The other night while pulling an all nighter my hand started aching while I was writing, I had been writing for many hours straight so i ignored it. the next day the tip of my right pointer finger was numb and a couple days later my left big toe went numb. I am kind of worried about this and I have no history of the symptoms. They do not hurt and are there normal color but the tips have no sensation.

I am currently on concerta and I have had poor diet and little sleep due to exam studies. Is this a possible cause?

Just not tonight, I am experiencing a weird shocking sensation in my toe. I am not sure what to do or if this is serious

Last edited by mrb22; 04-27-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: new aymptoms

Old 04-28-2011, 06:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Random numbness

Hi there...for now I would just keep an eye on things and see how it goes after some rest. Seeing you were doing so much writing and maybe sitting in one position for so long you strained a tendon which is affecting a nerve.

Our bodies act pretty weird at times when we exhaust them and that sort of sounds like what you have done. Once you quiet it all down it should stop but obviously if it continues or gets worse have it looked at.

Have a good day....JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
(female)

mrb22 HB User

I hope so I have been doing research. I just hope I didnt cause long term danger due to putting so much stress on my body. the numbness is still at the point of my index finger and big left toe. the rest of my body feel weak but I am sure that is due to lack of sleep and proper dieting.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

I know if I sit at my computer for too long I tend to not sit up straight and I also fold my left leg in and as soon as I get up my foot feels weird. Many times I will have to walk around for a few minutes to get a normal feeling back.

Keep us posted how it goes...JJ...

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
mrb22 (04-28-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
(female)

mrb22 HB User

well the numbness has yet to go away. it does not hurt in my index finger but i get weird shocking sensation in my left big toe. I will see if it goes away in a couple days. It worries me because I have no history of this before

Old 04-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Let's hope it is something that will leave in a short period of time. Obviously if it keeps up contact your Dr. for some tests.

Well wishes...JJ...

Old 04-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
(female)

Robertosmama HB User

I have the same problem, but in my feet/toes, The doctors told me it was low blood circulation in that area.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb22 View Post
well the numbness has yet to go away. it does not hurt in my index finger but i get weird shocking sensation in my left big toe. I will see if it goes away in a couple days. It worries me because I have no history of this before
How long have you been on Concerta? I was reading up on it and a couple of side effects is numbness, tingling, or cold feeling in your hands or feet. Do any of these also sound familiar to you?

I apologize as I did not even consider the fact you were taking this. If your symptoms do not leave soon...contact your Dr.

Wishing you the best...JJ...

Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 AM   #9
(female)

mrb22 HB User

I have been on concerta for awhile now. since 2009. I try to avoid taking it when I dont need it, but during school is when I take a lot of it. I was never told the side effects of it until I looked it up online. now i'm kind of nervous and I am going to quit taking it as soon as finals are over.

I am just wondering if this is long term. The numbness is still the on my right hand and left foot. I try to keep moving around so that I can get blood circulating in those areas. This is really starting to scare me though and I wont be able to see a doctor for two weeks

Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 AM   #10
(female)

mrb22 HB User

and ye all those side effects are familar. first it begin on the tip of my right index finger and then it started on my big left toe. The numbness on my index finger happened while pulling an all nighter and writting non stop and it doesnt go away.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well if you stop the meds. and it goes away you will know it was a side effect. Maybe your getting close to figuring this out all on your own...

Obviously if it continues see your Dr. Keep us posted how it goes.

All the best...JJ...

Closed Thread