It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
(male)

Dtyupifh HB User
Dopamine surge while laying down to sleep. Possible?

A weird feeling randomly hits me while trying to fall asleep. This has happened to me on and off for about 10 years.

When this happens the first thing that I notice is a sharp increase in heart rate. That in the past has really surprised and scared me when trying to sleep. At first it felt like a heart problem because the only thing I could concentrate on was how fast my heart was beating. Doctors told me my heart was not the issue.

I then suspected panic attacks.

Until recently when I started to try to block out the my mental fear of heart problems that are heightened in this state of increased heart rate and awareness of that heart rate (palpitations?)

Once I was able to do that I realized that the feeling I was feeling is this massive amount of pleasure that constantly falls over my whole body in waves. It feels like a fuzzy warmth. It's really hard to explain. But, I think I feel the same feeling directly after orgasm except for a much shorter period of time.

So, and this is an uneducated guess, but could it be dopamine? A dopamine surge induced panic attack? Is it safe to just lye their flying high on dopamine with this increased heart rate for extended periods? And then the main issue, could something serious be causing this?

Thanks everyone.

Closed Thread