It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
(female)

Anon x HB User
Unhappy Dizziness, Fainting, Muscle Spasms

My name is Sydney, and I'm a bit worried about myself. Whenever I stand up, everything goes white, and I feel dizzy and heavy. This, is not unusual for me. But just today it has gotten much worse. I am nearly fainting every time I stand. So, every time I get up I feel dizzy and grab a wall. Next thing I know, its like Ive skipped everything. Im on the floor, and cant remember anything. This has happened once before, and once today. I searched online and it told me that there isnt much a doctor could do, so I just blew it off because it doesnt happen all that often. My sister thought it was funny, and my mom didnt pay too too much attention to it. Then, I got up one time and felt dizzy so I grabbed a wall. After that, all I remember is twitching, having a hard time standing, and feeling tingly all over my entire body. My whole body was numb, and I still couldnt see. I had a cup in my hand and by the time I knew what was going on, my leg was twitching, I was trying to grab onto things to stay standing and my cup was on the floor. I was able to snap myself out of it. Next time I got up, I felt dizzy and again, grabbed a wall. The same muscle spasm happened again. I didnt realize what happened until it was all over and I wasnt where I first was. I told me mom and now she is very concerned, but my sister still thinks its funny. Im scared for myself. I dont want it to get any worse, and I cant control what happens. I dont have insurance so I kinda cant go to the doctor, but is there anything they can do? Is there anything I can do myself to help? If you have any ideas, Im willing to do near anything to make it stop.
Past health history: I am a relatively very healthy person. Ive never gotten majorly sick, never went to the doctor in my entire life that I can remember. The last time I was sick at all (cold, etc) was so long ago I cant even remember. Im not overweight in anyway. 107lbs. I used to run track and wrestle. So, its not like Im unhealthy for this to happen.

If you have any ideas about what is happening, please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Dizziness, Fainting, Muscle Spasms

Do you have low blood pressure? Many supermarkets (and Walmart) have places where you can check your blood pressure. Don't check it after eating or snacking though. And don't check it after doing a lot of walking. It's best to be seated calmly for 5 or 10 minutes before checking. Could you do that and let us know the result?

Old 07-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

I heard you cannot be turned away when you go to the doctor if you have no insurance, which you need to do. You may very well be eligible for health insurance. Call your local human services department, tell them u need to apply for medical help, that you have no insurance, and need to go to the doctor and cannot wait. This insurance is retro-active, and will go back and pay your medical, even if you get into the doctor tomorrow, or even today. Your fainting could be your blood pressure dropping when you stand, or your heart. I would go to the doctor and not attempt to try to diagnose yourself with this.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Anon X

Forget the doctors office, you really need to go directly to the Emergency Room. Here they will be able to evaluate and run some test to find out why you are unable to stand without feeling dizzy and fainting.
Let me know how you are doing.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #5
(male)

Phil uk HB UserPhil uk HB User

I agree that this is something you need to speak to a doc or hospital about, although I cannot say how the whole insurance thing works over there, so follow the lead from Kasey and Shisslak on that one.

Just one question if I may, as this has happened to me a few times in my life, do you have asthma? if so, do you use an inhaler? The reason I ask is that on the few occasions it has happened to me it is after using my inhaler..... Just wondering.

I hope you are OK and get sorted, and please post and let us all know how you get on.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
(male)

Stuard HB User

First if all you must get a check up from your doc later try to adopt the habit of exercise on daily basis and improve your diet.Make a balanced diet plan on daily basis.Trust me it will eradicate your dizziness.

Closed Thread