It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
(female)

Valleycat13 HB User
Doctors can't figure it out... maybe you can.

Hi, to everyone here on the HealthBoard! I am a 37 year old female and very healthy up to two years ago. Numerous Doctors can't figure out what is wrong with me. I received so many diagnoses and prescriptions and the problem is getting worse. I feel like I have reached the end of my rope. Maybe one of you can help. Here is my Story:

I am a waitress . It started, that every once in a while I felt pain in my right shoulder, which would subside after a few weeks. My eyes would get dry and feel like something is irritating them. The first Doctor I went to, blamed it on my job and Allergies. Which, with time, seemed to get more and more. That was about 21/2 years ago. I started getting lightheaded and felt like I have hot flashes, which came and went. My skin was flushing and burning at times, so I stopped taking my favorite skin lotion. Then a few months later I had the H1N1 which completely swiped me off my feet for 4 weeks with High fever.

A whole bunch of ibuprofen later I started getting better and then i started the following symptoms: muscle weekness, chest pain, cough, hot feeling but only light or no fever, runny nose, congested nose and I had a hoarse voice for almost 6 months. It felt like a Sinusitis or a very bad Virus infection. I felt tired and week all the time and most of the time I felt nausea, but I would not vomit. This condition stayed for about 5-6 months. I lost 14 lb due to not much appetite. Different Doctors told me different things from Allergies to Sinusitis to Bronchitis. I took Zitromax, Allegra D, Cephalexin, nasonex, loratadin, doxycycline, and Valium for pain. Not all at the same time, but over some months. Nothing seemed to improve my condition. Then a doctor diagnosed me with Asthma and gave me Advair, Qvar and Levaquin. It never felt like Asthma and it didn't have the wheezing either. Then one morning joints started hurting in my knees and I had this crackeling sensation all over my body. My left arm went numb and tingelt and I had this incruciating chest pain. At the same time my abdominal area was hurting too. Stinging pains on my right side in hip area and stinging pain in ovary area both sides.

Time for the hospital. They checked my Vitals, took my blood, thyroid test, EKG and an MRI for my appendix. Everything was negative! They discharged me with viral illness, bedrest recommended and sent me on my way with Proventil. After another view weeks my cough was getting less and less and all symptoms but the flushing skin, hot flashes and occational chest pain subsided. Then the Doctors told me it might be pre menopause, since I was on birthcontrol for 17 years and stopped taking it 5 years ago. But all that for pre menopause...?? The worst was yet to come. The months went by with me sneezing and feeling good one day and a little sick the other. A cold here a rah there, food allergies came and went and then one month ago I had a weired, abnormal taste in my mouth for 4 days, gum sores, a pimpel invasion on my behind and terrible stomack pains. My joints did the cracking and crackeling again. I was itchy all over my body. My arms were week, tingeling or numb or both. My eyes were burning, dry and on fire. My teeth hurt so bad, then my jaw. I started getting soft stool, then watery diarrea for 3 days. Stinging pain in my left arm, stinging random pains all over my body and then just when I felt a little better, my legs felt heavy and I had this burning pain all over my body. I was in agony. Went to the hospital. Blood test, Vitals, thyroid, Ct Brain scan, everything negative. Diagnose chronic pain and a recommendation for an MRI which my insurance doesn't want to pay for.

Yes, I have a job but the insurance is still terrible. The next morning I couldn't walk my legs were so numb and week, I had tremors and my vision was blurred and almost double. I am far sided anyways and everything just seemed further away. The days went by and my legs felt better and my tremors became shaking and a feeling of weekness in my body. A few itchy spots showed up on my legs, which look like spider bites, but itch way worse than that. My legs are cramping a lot, despite the fact I try to eat more vegetables and fruit and I eat vitamins. I keep having stinging pains in my right side above the hip. Stinging pains between my shoulder blades. My chest hurts badly and stings at times and sometimes looks swollen. I feel dizzy and light headed and tired a lot. No appetite. Sometimes my legs, ankles and knees look swollen. I have a hard time falling asleep and i wake up at night and can't go back to sleep due to uncomfort. I either sweat at night or I feel very cold. My body is achy. My eyes are very dry, itchy and my vision is different than it was 2 years ago.

Sometimes I wake up and my mouth is so dry my tongue is sticking to the back of my throat. A lot of times after I eat I get hot flashes. I lost 17 lb in one Month. There is no diabetes in my family. If anything, Arthritis (grandma), allergies (mother) and my grandpa died of a heart condition in his 50's.

I was a very healthy child, always playing outside without any allergies to anything. I had Chickenpox when I was 19, but got vaccinated again because of USA immigration laws. Every once in a while I see some chickenpox looking pimples on my skin, but they disappear again. Oh, and I have neckpain. My neck is stiff quite a bit and I used to have a dermatofibroma on my shoulder which was removed. I have one on my left leg as well. And 5 years ago they detected two cysts on my ovaries, but told me they are nothing to worry about. I hope I have everything. This is the situation I am in right now and the numerous Doctors so far have no idea.

They almost act like I am crazy or some kind of hypochondriac. The worst thing is the fact of not knowing. My insurance doesn't pay for all the fancy tests and with all the symptoms involved there would be a lot of testing which had to be done. So please, if anybody had any idea or recommendation......I will answer all your additional questions

The following user gives a hug of support to Valleycat13:
Lovinwhatido (09-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Doctors can't figure it out...maybe you can.

I know the feeling that the doctors are missing something. Look up sjogren's syndrome. It can be very difficult to diagnose. Usually a rheumotolgist is the one but they even seem to be limited in knowing much about it. Anyway, check it out

The Following User Says Thank You to Mel52 For This Useful Post:
Valleycat13 (09-02-2011)
Old 09-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
(female)

Lovinwhatido HB User

Your story sounds just like my girlfriends. Your body is trying to tell you something and it has its own wisdom. Please do me a favour and learn about "glutathione" Having low glutathione is linked to 74 major diseases. You are much too young to be experiencing what you are experiencing and the first thing I would recommend is getting a glutathione accelerator. My girlfriend did and has been on it now for 2 years. She has no more pains. She went from a size 14 back to a 4, from 20 different medications to none.

Glutathione is in every cell of your body and the body's first line of defense. You can go to pubmed.gov and do a search and see that there are over 90,000 articles written about it. Vitamin C has about 40,000 articles written about it. Just doing this one thing has changed my life and now I am on a mission to educate others about it.

Mainstream doctors are more apt to prescribe drugs...which by the way are very taxing on your liver. (not to mention side effects). I can send you information if you like, but just wanted you to know that there is help out there.

Google "glutathione" and do some research. I think you will be pleasantly surprised about what you learn.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

The Following User Says Thank You to Lovinwhatido For This Useful Post:
Valleycat13 (09-02-2011)
Old 09-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
(female)

Lindalindac HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovinwhatido View Post
Your story sounds just like my girlfriends. Your body is trying to tell you something and it has its own wisdom. Please do me a favour and learn about "glutathione" Having low glutathione is linked to 74 major diseases. You are much too young to be experiencing what you are experiencing and the first thing I would recommend is getting a glutathione accelerator. My girlfriend did and has been on it now for 2 years. She has no more pains. She went from a size 14 back to a 4, from 20 different medications to none.

Glutathione is in every cell of your body and the body's first line of defense. You can go to pubmed.gov and do a search and see that there are over 90,000 articles written about it. Vitamin C has about 40,000 articles written about it. Just doing this one thing has changed my life and now I am on a mission to educate others about it.

Mainstream doctors are more apt to prescribe drugs...which by the way are very taxing on your liver. (not to mention side effects). I can send you information if you like, but just wanted you to know that there is help out there.

Google "glutathione" and do some research. I think you will be pleasantly surprised about what you learn.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Old 09-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
(female)

Lindalindac HB User

Hi I want to tell you something that someone told me long ago and ignored it....get tested for Lyme's disease! It will cause all the symptoms you said and also you will bounce around from doctor to doctor trying to figure out what is wrong with you. Please google Lyme Literate Doctors in your state, they are the best, they know what test to order for you! Igenex is a great company who does testing. Please do yourself one good favor, just get tested please. I wish I did years ago, now I'm chronic but getting better now with therapy!

The following user gives a hug of support to Lindalindac:
Valleycat13 (09-02-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Lindalindac For This Useful Post:
Valleycat13 (09-02-2011)
Old 09-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

I just just going to say the same thing, it sounds very similar to lyme disease. Get tested for this please.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
(female)

FrightenedMe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleycat13 View Post
Hi, to everyone here on the HealthBoard! I am a 37 year old female and very healthy up to two years ago. Numerous Doctors can't figure out what is wrong with me. I received so many diagnoses and prescriptions and the problem is getting worse. I feel like I have reached the end of my rope. Maybe one of you can help. Here is my Story:

I am a waitress . It started, that every once in a while I felt pain in my right shoulder, which would subside after a few weeks. My eyes would get dry and feel like something is irritating them. The first Doctor I went to, blamed it on my job and Allergies. Which, with time, seemed to get more and more. That was about 21/2 years ago. I started getting lightheaded and felt like I have hot flashes, which came and went. My skin was flushing and burning at times, so I stopped taking my favorite skin lotion. Then a few months later I had the H1N1 which completely swiped me off my feet for 4 weeks with High fever.

A whole bunch of ibuprofen later I started getting better and then i started the following symptoms: muscle weekness, chest pain, cough, hot feeling but only light or no fever, runny nose, congested nose and I had a hoarse voice for almost 6 months. It felt like a Sinusitis or a very bad Virus infection. I felt tired and week all the time and most of the time I felt nausea, but I would not vomit. This condition stayed for about 5-6 months. I lost 14 lb due to not much appetite. Different Doctors told me different things from Allergies to Sinusitis to Bronchitis. I took Zitromax, Allegra D, Cephalexin, nasonex, loratadin, doxycycline, and Valium for pain. Not all at the same time, but over some months. Nothing seemed to improve my condition. Then a doctor diagnosed me with Asthma and gave me Advair, Qvar and Levaquin. It never felt like Asthma and it didn't have the wheezing either. Then one morning joints started hurting in my knees and I had this crackeling sensation all over my body. My left arm went numb and tingelt and I had this incruciating chest pain. At the same time my abdominal area was hurting too. Stinging pains on my right side in hip area and stinging pain in ovary area both sides.

Time for the hospital. They checked my Vitals, took my blood, thyroid test, EKG and an MRI for my appendix. Everything was negative! They discharged me with viral illness, bedrest recommended and sent me on my way with Proventil. After another view weeks my cough was getting less and less and all symptoms but the flushing skin, hot flashes and occational chest pain subsided. Then the Doctors told me it might be pre menopause, since I was on birthcontrol for 17 years and stopped taking it 5 years ago. But all that for pre menopause...?? The worst was yet to come. The months went by with me sneezing and feeling good one day and a little sick the other. A cold here a rah there, food allergies came and went and then one month ago I had a weired, abnormal taste in my mouth for 4 days, gum sores, a pimpel invasion on my behind and terrible stomack pains. My joints did the cracking and crackeling again. I was itchy all over my body. My arms were week, tingeling or numb or both. My eyes were burning, dry and on fire. My teeth hurt so bad, then my jaw. I started getting soft stool, then watery diarrea for 3 days. Stinging pain in my left arm, stinging random pains all over my body and then just when I felt a little better, my legs felt heavy and I had this burning pain all over my body. I was in agony. Went to the hospital. Blood test, Vitals, thyroid, Ct Brain scan, everything negative. Diagnose chronic pain and a recommendation for an MRI which my insurance doesn't want to pay for.

Yes, I have a job but the insurance is still terrible. The next morning I couldn't walk my legs were so numb and week, I had tremors and my vision was blurred and almost double. I am far sided anyways and everything just seemed further away. The days went by and my legs felt better and my tremors became shaking and a feeling of weekness in my body. A few itchy spots showed up on my legs, which look like spider bites, but itch way worse than that. My legs are cramping a lot, despite the fact I try to eat more vegetables and fruit and I eat vitamins. I keep having stinging pains in my right side above the hip. Stinging pains between my shoulder blades. My chest hurts badly and stings at times and sometimes looks swollen. I feel dizzy and light headed and tired a lot. No appetite. Sometimes my legs, ankles and knees look swollen. I have a hard time falling asleep and i wake up at night and can't go back to sleep due to uncomfort. I either sweat at night or I feel very cold. My body is achy. My eyes are very dry, itchy and my vision is different than it was 2 years ago.

Sometimes I wake up and my mouth is so dry my tongue is sticking to the back of my throat. A lot of times after I eat I get hot flashes. I lost 17 lb in one Month. There is no diabetes in my family. If anything, Arthritis (grandma), allergies (mother) and my grandpa died of a heart condition in his 50's.

I was a very healthy child, always playing outside without any allergies to anything. I had Chickenpox when I was 19, but got vaccinated again because of USA immigration laws. Every once in a while I see some chickenpox looking pimples on my skin, but they disappear again. Oh, and I have neckpain. My neck is stiff quite a bit and I used to have a dermatofibroma on my shoulder which was removed. I have one on my left leg as well. And 5 years ago they detected two cysts on my ovaries, but told me they are nothing to worry about. I hope I have everything. This is the situation I am in right now and the numerous Doctors so far have no idea.

They almost act like I am crazy or some kind of hypochondriac. The worst thing is the fact of not knowing. My insurance doesn't pay for all the fancy tests and with all the symptoms involved there would be a lot of testing which had to be done. So please, if anybody had any idea or recommendation......I will answer all your additional questions
hello, im sorry to hear u r going through all of this. i had a lot of similar symptoms as u and was just diagnosed a week ago with severe spinal canal stenosis, foraminal narrowing anf myelopathy due to 3 huge herniated discs in my cervical spine. i have to have surgery next thursday or im gonna progress to paralysis. u really do need an mri! good luck to u!!

Last edited by FrightenedMe; 09-01-2011 at 11:41 AM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: FrightenedMe
Heinz4258 (09-06-2011), Valleycat13 (09-02-2011)
Old 09-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
(female)

Valleycat13 HB User

Thank you for everybody's replies. I went to the Neurologist yesterday and he gave me a pet on the back and told me he'll figure it out. He said you need an MRI and we call you. He didn't even listen to any of what I had to say and he didn't do any of the tests my regular Doctor wanted him to do

After that, I went to my regular Doctor and she told me that the Spinal X Rays revealed absolutely nothing either. So finally she ordered a different set of Bloodtests which I went to get done yesterday. The lady over there put all her equipment down and said: Wow, that's a big order and I replied:" It is a big problem!" so, ...now I am waiting on those tests. They test for Rheumatic factors, lupus, Sjoergens Syndrome among other tests. I think Lyme is a good idea and I haven't thought of it yet and I dont think that was on the blood test sheet yesterday...Hopefully we know more in a few days. My neck is bothering me so bad. Everything is swollen and I have a weired taste in my mouth. My chest feels awful as well...I hope they find something ...soon..

Old 09-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Maybe mono? I knew a guy that had that years ago, and his main complaint was his neck aching, and being tired. I would suggest seeing an internal med. doc. They know what to check once they hear your symptoms. I hope you find out so you can get the proper treatment and start feeling better.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #10
(female)

Valleycat13 HB User
Re: Doctors can't figure it out... maybe you can.

I don't have my Dr. appointment until Thursday and this last weekend I was debating wheather or not I should go to the hospital or not because of this lingering chest pain. I looked into Mono and a lot of Symptoms are the same, but I never have fever. It feels like I do, because I get hot and warm to touch but when I measure my temperature it is normal or if anything, around 97 something, which is under. My neck and my glands hurt, it seems like my sinuses are dryand my right side of my sinuses is "stuffy" and I get headaches lately. still dizzy, lightheaded, muscle pains and weekness. I start wondering if this could be a heart condition, which they haven't found yet, or some inflammation of something in heart, chest area due to whatever it is what I have. My symptoms match so many things I wish I knew what my body is trying to tell me

Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
(female)

Valleycat13 HB User

So I came back from my Dr. Appointment and I have the bloodtest results and under the Lupus section it tested positiv. It says: Lupus (SLE) Panel ANA IFA Screen with Reflex to Titer Anti-Nuclear AB (IFA) positive*. So what does that mean now????

Old 09-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #12
(female)

swtnsalt HB User

Make sure they check your cortisol, dhea, and acth levels (blood work). Lupus titers are positive in things other than lupus.

Closed Thread