It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
(male)

Drift115 HB User
Throat and chest pain when I breath

Hello, I recently posted a thread on esophageal cancer, and I was asking if I had it or not, and the person who replied said it was very unlikely. Well for the last few months i've been ignoring my "symptoms" because it's like, I don't even know if they're symptoms anymore.

Now today, whenever i breath in alot, my chest has a weird sensation, kind of like with my asthsma, no biggy, but my throat hurts too. If I talk for too long, cough, or laugh my throat hurts, and it feels like a mass in my throat that is hurting. When my food touches a certain area of my throat when going down it hurts also, what could this be? If this continues for the next few days i'm going to be convinced i have cancer. Please help.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Throat and chest pain when I breath

There are other things other than cancer that could cause your symptoms. See a doctor for diagnosis, it may be something simple.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

That could also be related to reflux. Again, not likely to be cancer, but since it's bothering you, get it checked out. It may be something easy to treat.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

I would get it checked out.better to be safe then sorry. Could be cancer could not be, only a doctor can say for sure. If its been going on this long somethings not right,

Old 09-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

If you really are concerned, I too think you should visit a doctor.

The symptoms you are describing sound like they could be related to acid reflux. There are many good threads on the acid reflux board. You might also try searching for symptoms related to LPR reflux which is when the acid comes up to your throat.

From personal experience, I had acid coming up and irritating my lungs and irritating them causing me breathing problems. I also had throat irritation and chronic cough from the acid reflux.

There are treatment options available for acid reflux. Cancer can develop in the esophagus, but it is very rare in connection to the acid reflux.

I recommend that you visit a Gastroentrologist, ENT or Pulmonologist to seek assistance. I actually had all 3 working with me to treat my acid reflux. The Gastroenterologist can do an upper endoscopy to check out the condition of your throat, esophagus and stomach. That would give you piece of mind and help determine what your best course of treatment might be.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
(female)

dac1234 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift115 View Post
Hello, I recently posted a thread on esophageal cancer, and I was asking if I had it or not, and the person who replied said it was very unlikely. Well for the last few months i've been ignoring my "symptoms" because it's like, I don't even know if they're symptoms anymore.

Now today, whenever i breath in alot, my chest has a weird sensation, kind of like with my asthsma, no biggy, but my throat hurts too. If I talk for too long, cough, or laugh my throat hurts, and it feels like a mass in my throat that is hurting. When my food touches a certain area of my throat when going down it hurts also, what could this be? If this continues for the next few days i'm going to be convinced i have cancer. Please help.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #7
(female)

dac1234 HB User

I also would suggest seeing an ENT and an allergist and a lung doctor. LPR is very hard to diagnose. It took me years to find out what was wrong with me. Thank goodness I found an allergist who was familiar with it. I now have an ENT and lung doctor to treat it. It is very hard to get rid of without a proper diet. I still have chest pain in the morning and still lose my voice at times. I still get mucous in my throat off and on. I have been on protonix now for over two years. I am thinking I will never be able to get off of it. Good luck.

Closed Thread