It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
(female)

happyfeet86 HB User
Tenderness left of belly button

Hi all.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I have a tender area that starts about 2 inches left of my belly button, on the left side. The area is about 1-2 inches in a straight line. It doesn't hurt unless any pressure is put on the area. Only the slightest pressure is needed to produce the pain.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
Re: Tenderness left of belly button

When I had a large cyst on my ovary, that's one point where the pain first started, although it hurt- a lot- whether I put pressure on it or not.
Also, I heard that pain from Diverticulitis is usually on the left side, but I'm not sure if it's usually lower than that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfeet86 View Post
Hi all.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I have a tender area that starts about 2 inches left of my belly button, on the left side. The area is about 1-2 inches in a straight line. It doesn't hurt unless any pressure is put on the area. Only the slightest pressure is needed to produce the pain.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated.
Hi,
I get pain in this exact area, infact anywhere from my Bellybutton to dead centre or slightly lower of the left-hand side and I have Diverticulitis.
This was confirmed with a Colonoscopy.
I will add that it can be either pain or pressure.
See your Dr for a diagnoses. Solofelix.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
(female)

happyfeet86 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista2882 View Post
When I had a large cyst on my ovary, that's one point where the pain first started, although it hurt- a lot- whether I put pressure on it or not.
Also, I heard that pain from Diverticulitis is usually on the left side, but I'm not sure if it's usually lower than that.
I've had more pain today, same area is still tender, sometimes not just when I touch it. I've also had pain lower down and towards my left hip, in the pelvic region. A cyst did cross my mind too although I'm still not sure if I maybe just have some sort of inflammation in the intestines or something. Will be back to the dr this week. Where else did you feel pain with your cyst and dud you have any other symptoms?

Closed Thread