It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
(male)

mason17 HB User
PLEASE Help, One side of body bigger than the other??

Hi, please help!!
I am right handed, right footed ect....
but my LEFT muscles are alot bigger, from the top (shoulders) to the bottom (calfs) of my body!! Considerably...... why?????

Thankyou for any answers need help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: PLEASE Help, One side of body bigger than the other??

Hi,
Most people when buying a pair of shoes have one foot bigger than the other e.g, one shoe can feel tighter than the other.
The saying goes for every pair of something in our body, one will be different to the other. I have one ear higher up than the other, a difference in foot size and one arm is thicker than the other.
I wouldn't worry, were all made different and you have nothing to fear.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

while solo is very right in that we can have a difference in anything we have like 'two of'. the thing i am trying to figure out is why this actually 'appears' to be a FULL side of your body? this just 'could be you' in how your particular body shape is, it also could be some level of muscle atrophy from 'something' that can be impairing/impeding actual nerve flow to the muscles ONLY on that side too(could be many possible things but usually some type of a spinal issue, and if up THAT high, it would have to be the c spine or even something sending or not sending out signals in certain areas of the brain). tho i would think that you would have other types of possible symptoms on that R side if that were the case. or it also just can be the way you are 'percieving' that particular side too to a certain degree. and one other thing, unless you ARE actually working out and trying to 'build' muscle, and doing this very equally on both sides the very same ways, is that the lessor used side which would be your L side, just could have much more fatty tissue vs muscle. muscle would be 'tighter' in appearance while any fatty tissue would be more 'there' and possibly 'look' like it was bigger than the side you use more that simply has much more and better overall muscle and tone too, do ya know what i mean? fat tissue(the fat cells do this) just DOES take up much more 'space" under our skin than a good solidily built up muscle. but muscle weighs more than fat. go figure.

do other people mention this to you or are YOU the only one who appears to see or notice this? have you tried actually measuring the areas in circumference to compare sides at all? if nothing else, you CAN see your primary doc to have HIM evaluste your overall health and what he may or may not see as any real huge difference in either side that would actually 'mean' anything more than thats kind of the way your are? but i would check this out with him since this worried/concerned you enough to actually post this here at all? if nothing else, it would ease your mind, or prompt some level of testing that may explain this too. it all depends really on what the doc feels and how MUCH realistic overall differences that HE sees in both sides when compared. just him actually 'feeling' hands on(you CAN tell alot by simply seeing how much fat is actually 'pinched out' from the body just doing that 'pinch' of a larger 'piece/chunk' of skin), any fatty areas vs muscular may BE the basic reason for this perception you are having. just some thpoughts on 'possible' reasons here. but DO see your doc if this starts becoming more of a constant worry for you and you just want to know. thats what our docs are there for. good luck with this and hopefully it is not any type of real 'issue'. let us know what you find out. FB

Old 11-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
(female)

linsay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason17 View Post
Hi, please help!!
I am right handed, right footed ect....
but my LEFT muscles are alot bigger, from the top (shoulders) to the bottom (calfs) of my body!! Considerably...... why?????

Thankyou for any answers need help!
I think it's normal. Some people just have this. My left arm also bigger than the right one. Don't worry too much.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
(male)

tariq456 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi,
Most people when buying a pair of shoes have one foot bigger than the other e.g, one shoe can feel tighter than the other.
The saying goes for every pair of something in our body, one will be different to the other. I have one ear higher up than the other, a difference in foot size and one arm is thicker than the other.
I wouldn't worry, were all made different and you have nothing to fear.

Solofelix.
Yes,I am agree with you!
Its Normal!

Old 12-15-2011, 12:23 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

saied129 HB User
Smile Re: PLEASE Help, One side of body bigger than the other??

I think it's normal ...((((((((( i guess))))))))))))))))

Closed Thread