It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2011, 08:47 AM  
(male)

dgates HB User
Question Bad Nausea after drinking aloe juice

Good morning,
My wife was diagnosed with chronic gastritis. After being perscribed several medications, and getting no relief after several months, we did some research on alternatives. Aloe Vera Juice seemed to get the best reviews. Most of the sites said to start with 8oz once or twice a day, and take more to 'bowel tollerance'. Well, last Friday she started with 6 oz a day, but seemed to get no effect from that. So each day she upped the amount until Wednesday she was taking 10-12 oz twice a day.
On Thursday she finally felt an effect from it, and also started getting a little nausea so she went back to 8oz. Yesterday her nausea continued to get worse until by the evening she was unable to move. She didn't taken any aloe yesterday, but she is still unable to move this morning without extreme nausea and stomach pain.

Does anyone else have experience with drinking aloe vera juice? Is it possible that it just has a delayed effect? If so, does anyone know how long it takes to feel the effect from a dose of aloe? And how long it will take to pass out of her system?

Does anyone know anything that could help it pass quicker, or relieve the nausea in the mean time?

Thanks for your time

Old 11-25-2011, 05:31 AM  
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Bad Nausea after drinking aloe juice

While it is used as you have indicated, the side effects of same are nausea and diarrhea. I read that in several places. Not sure why it didn't show up in your research. Also, there was a 2 year toxicity study with rats that showed oral aloe vera has possible carcinogenic properties. I wouldn't let her drink another drop of it! It also has been shown to lower one's blood sugar so for diabetics on sugar lowering medications it should not be taken. Sorry this happened to her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2012, 08:55 AM  
(female)

Pamellenor1 HB User

I drank about two ounces of Aloe Vera juice and the next day I had severe abdominal pain and could not move. Thought I was going to die. The severe pain lasted about eight hours. Layed awake staring at the clock all night, finally fell asleep at seven am and when I woke up the pain was gone and I could move. I will never take aloe Vera juice again, i am wondering if people don't report this because they aren't sure what is wrong with them.
Be very careful with this.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:47 AM  
(female)

readallover HB User

I tried aloe vera juice yesterday for the first time. I bought it for its supposed properties of cleansing the body from toxins and metals. A couple of hours after drinking it, I felt bad stomach pain and I'm still having it after 12 hours.
I'm upset by the fact that neither on the bottle nor on the internet, this quite serious side effect is clearly reported. From what I read, I thought aloe vera cured stomach ache.