It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
(male)

glen789 HB User
Left side chest pains that come and go

Hello I have been having strange chest pains on the left side.. I have had tests done to rule out a heart condition...I've had many ecg's done, an echo and a 24 hour holter monitor done which have all come back fine. This has been going on for about 6 months now, I started having panic attacks at the start which have now subsided thank god! When I push my belly out I can feel this wierd pain on the left side of my chest where my heart is, the pain moves around through the day to left central to under my left nipple. I also have a dry cough that comes and goes and have the same strange feeling on the left side of my back near the shoulder blade that will come and go. When I run sometimes it makes the wierd feeling worse in my left chest and after I have ran the dry cough seems worse. Sometimes when I run I don't feel the feeling at all.I am very aware of my own heartbeat.. I can feel it all the time and when I run I can really feel a hard heartbeat that is very noticeable. I am a male and i am 23 years old,Please help as I don't have a clue what is happening to me!

Last edited by glen789; 12-08-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
(female)

Texymexy HB User
Re: Left side chest pains that come and go

By any chance are you asthmatic? Drink lots of coffee? Energy drinks?? Or even get anxious? Cause ventolin, coffee sensitivity and anxiety could cause sone of your troubles.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2011, 05:11 AM   #3
(male)

glen789 HB User

I had a lung function test to rule out asthma which came back extremely good, the doctor said I have really good lungs, I have cut out drinking coffee and energy drinks. I do still drink tea tho. I am now take omeprazole for acid reflux as the doctor is telling me this could be acid making this strange feelings in my chest. I do think about it way to much which probably doesn't help so you could say I get anxious. I went out drinking for my Xmas party Friday night, I had a fair few drinks.. Yesterday when I got up I had a really bad hangover and could really notice my heart beating hard but not fast.. I also Had pains in my chest that would move all over my left chest. I have this all the time the day after a heavy drinking session.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
(female)

Texymexy HB User

Have you tried to cut down the alcohol intake? I have one drink and I get electric shocks going from my heart down into my arms. Being anxious is an extremely powerful thing it can do all sorts if things to your body that you have no idea that your even doing. Have you considered seeing a therapist (not meaning it to be insulting)

Old 12-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #5
(male)

glen789 HB User

From what I used to drink I don't drink as much as I used to, but I had a good drink as it was my Xmas do so I thought I'd just let myself go, Ive not thought of getting therapy. Everyweek my pains will change from my chest or lately my upper back has been aching, it's just madness! So do you get these shocks only when you drink alcohol? Or do you get these more often? Thanks for these replys

Old 12-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
(male)

arm1983 HB User

This sounds exactly like what I am going through right now. I am 28 Years old fairly healthy about 10-15 lbs overweight and I only thing I am on is BP medicine which is partly genetics and part the 10-15lbs. All the sudden started getting pains in the left side of my chest like you said it is jsut something you know is different like my heart was beating harder. I had the same things done EKG, ECho and Holter as well as blood tests and all came back fine. When I would try to exercise my heart would feel like it was going to beat right out of my chest. After about three weeks I got frusturated and decided to go off my BP medicine which made the pain almost disappear it was still there slightly but not nearly as bad. Well I found out going off your BP meds cold turkey is a bad idea and I ran into an entirely new set of problems. So now I am back on my Bp meds and am going back to the doctor yet again on Monday. Anyway if you do figure anything out I would be interested in hearing what you find and I will do the same as it sounds like similar circumstances.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #7
(female)

Texymexy HB User

Sorry it took a while to respond!! I get the shocks when I drink coffee, drink alcohol, energy drinks and if I get anxious! It's painful and stupid! Lol but it can cause all sort of things. Your mind can do some retarded things without you and knowing about it or what's causing it. Cause if medical things aren't coming up it's possible it could be mental? I'm not meaning to be offensive but I have anxiety issues and my mind does so weird things to my body and stress!! Stress can be a killer.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
(male)

glen789 HB User

I think it boils down to anxiety but it still gets me thinking there's something wrong with my heart every time I get these chest pains even tho I've had all the tests to rule out a heart problem. Arm1983 let us know how you get on at the docs, I am starting to take these omeprazole tablets for 2 months now for acid reflux coz doc said it may be acid reflux then I need to go back after 2 months to tell the doc how I feel. Had a fair few drinks last night and today I have the same old pain in chest and back but it's worse coz I had alcohol last night. What's wierd is that when I push my belly outwards I can feel the pain more in my chest where my heart is and in my upper back on the left. I can't have a drink now without always thinking when I get up the next day these pains will be worse! And my heart beat is a lot harder and noticeable the next day after alcohol.

Closed Thread