It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
(female)

Sheilia01 HB User
Inside mouth burns and feels raw????

(woman..50) For the past 3 days, the inside of my mouth has felt like it burns and feels raw. My tongue is alittle red, the inside of my cheeks feel raw and kind of rough feeling is the only way I can explain it and the inside of my lips are burning and red. It's like I've eaten something very acidic but I haven't. Any ideas? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
(female)

Sheilia01 HB User
Re: Inside mouth burns and feels raw????

I should mention this but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it or not..but I have been eating a few Christmas Sugar Cookies with rich frosting on them. Could that cause my problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Sounds like it could be an oral yeast infection. Have you been on any antibiotics lately? Most of the time if you have one you will find white patches or even a white film on your tongue and even your cheeks but I have also had one with no white patches. If it continues call your Dr. to see if they can prescribe something to help.

Best of luck...JJ....

Old 12-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilia01 View Post
I should mention this but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it or not..but I have been eating a few Christmas Sugar Cookies with rich frosting on them. Could that cause my problem?
If it is a Candida problem then yes, sugary things will bother it more. Having a yeast infection will definately flare up more with sugary stuff...JJ

Old 12-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
(female)

Sheilia01 HB User

Thanks for your reply. No, I haven't been on any antibiodics. No coated tongue, or white patches, just sore and reddish in color. Guess I will have to stay away from the cookies and give it a couple of days to see if it starts to clear up.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
(female)

Sheilia01 HB User

JJ forgot to mention, I didn't get it until after I ate the cookies 3 days ago. I've ate them the last 3 days. That's why I mentioned not eating anymore of them to see what happens

Old 12-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

You may have a "virus" in your mouth and it will have to run its course..

If it is a virus, Listerine mouthwash will give relief and shorten the process.

Closed Thread